1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of P14 Limited's I would like to put ghost ring sights on them. On the Limited, PO has milled the upper to accomodate the sights....

The ones I have located all sit to high and would not fill the milled out area....

Would like to thank all in advance for responded.

Best regards,
Dan Tucker
Upstate NY

·
Registered
129 Posts
I assume it's the front sight you're having trouble with. There are a number of sizes of
dovetail that can be cut into the slide. Of all the sizes around, the one Para Ordnance uses in their "Limited" guns is shorter front to rear than any other. Your post says that the sights you have "won't fill the milled out area." Sounds to me like you bought the sights to fit the ParaOrdnance dovetail, but had another size dovetail cut into your slide. Suggest you try to exchange the sights for a set that fits.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It sounds like Nicholas is correct. I have to tell you though, I tried the ghost ring sights on my P16 for almost 2 years before I finally gave up and went back to Bomars. They're great if the target is fairly close (under 20-25 yards) and isn't partially obscured by hard cover or a no-shoot. If you need to make precise shots at any distance beyond 15 yards you're pretty much screwed with the ghost rings. Good luck with them, but everyone I know who tried them for IPSC use ended up going back to a conventional post and notch type of sight.

------------------
IPSC
IDPA
GSSF
NRA
GOA

"That which does not kill me will only make me stronger"

[This message has been edited by GunslingerP16 (edited 04-18-2001).]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So Gunslinger, you were not happy with the ghost ring sites. Thanks for the input.....

Maybe I'll try a set on my SA before I decide to change the Para's over....

Best regards,
Dan Tucker
Upstate NY

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had the Caspian front and read ghost ring sight and it was perfect fit for my P16 Limited It was just like the bomar copy Para uses. Like the others, I used it for a year and then went back to the factory sights. Its was great for Plates and Bowling pins but hard to get a tight group with it. Its fun and quick to use but the consistency thing got me with it. Hope this helps!

T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts