1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

What's the advantage/disadvantage of putting ghost ring sights on the 1911? IDPA mentions there are some gamey ghost rings and some truly practical ones. Has anyone tried any of theM?

------------------
Jeff More
Irvine, PRC
All your AR-15 are belong to us!

[This message has been edited by Skunkabilly (edited 10-26-2001).]

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I haven't tried them, but 2 shooter who I greatly respect have, and they both told me the same thing. very fast on close targets, hard to make accurate shots on far ones. they both tried them for several months, and in the end went back to a standard rear sight.

·
Registered
51 Posts
What I'm hearing from those who have tried them on Glocks and 1911s is that, like above, they are great for close work, but lousy farther out. The biggest complaint was that the ghost rings on a pistol seem to contribute to tunnel vision, even up close.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've got a set of Novak ghost ring sights on one of my Browning Hi-Powers. At fifteen yards and in, it's very, very fast on picking up the front sight. For accurate work at ranges beyond fifteen yards, it suffers because of the amount of space surrounding the front sight post when centered in the rear sight notch. This sighting system really shines in the type of CQB environment where the pistol still reigns. Older eyes experiencing presbyopia will find the sights a blessing. I'll probably add these sights to a couple more pistols in the near future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts