1911Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In looking closely at my extractor, I am wondering if it is slightly too long. With the slide off the frame and placing various cases on the breechface and under the extractor lip, when the base of the case is flush against the breechface, the front of the extractor hits the bevel of the case to where it's actually pushing the extractor outwards, and there otherwise seems to be a lot of daylight between the case rim and the inside of the extractor claw.

Is this normal?

I believe my extractor may also be too tight, as there seems to be considerable tension just before the slide goes into battery on a live round, which I have determined to be the result of the extractor (there is no such tension with the extractor removed). I have had a couple of hangups where the slide did not go fully into battery in this same spot.

I tried to bend my extractor out slightly but MAN no matter how hard I seemed to torque it, it did not seem to want to take a set at all, and I was afraid to break it.

Any comments appreciated,

Ted

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.