1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick comment about an old GI Colt I had about 1991. I showed it to my uncle;father in law and nephew at different times and the first thing each of them did after looking at it was to field strip it and reassemble it. Their order of service was Uncle: WWII
Father in law: Viet nam
Nephew: Iraq

Their training was deeply inbedded in their handling of the 1911.
It's a soldier thing.RB

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
The Army is what got me hooked on 1911's :) Got real bad after armorer's school. I have not been the same since. I still remember the first time I ran across a series 80. I was just out of the Army and one of the deer hunters at the ranch handed it to me. I asked if I could take it down, and he said sure thing, I need to learn how. When the " extra parts" fell out I sat there kind of stunned and looked at him and said, We did not have THOSE in the Army 45's. Took me about 15 mins to figure it out. After that no problem. Glad you handed them a GI one.

And my grandfather tore my M-1 Carbine down faster then anyone I have ever seen. And he had not handled one since WW2. The military makes damn sure they teach you how to take care of your weapon.

Stacey

1 - 2 of 2 Posts