1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a sneak peek of the assembled product. Functionally it's about 80%. Just got it assembled, haven't fired yet or done any feed ramp work. Seems to work ok, although trigger feels a bit spongy, not crisp. Has Wilson sear and dis, with new GI trigger. Still lacks some cosmetic smoothing before a full parkerized finish. Mag release button is longer than standard GI but looks good so I may use it anway.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Looks good!

I'm going to have to pick your brains on that project when I get back to Campbell. We're practically neighbors. We can even invite Rebelsoul too!:biglaugh:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Wiseguy,
It's good to see you're still okay,we keep getting bad news concerning guys from the 101st,and Ft. Campbell.
Stay safe and keep your powder dry!(which I'm sure isn't too hard over there in the desert)

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Lookin' dang good, Scooter!

I did much the same as you're doing, started with the R&R slide. I've not decided as yet if I'm even going to have it reparked, not very pretty, but she works 100%.

Pretty is, as pretty does.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wiseguy: Thanks for the good words and most importantly for what you're doing for the US of A :cool:

Dan: Great looking blaster. Love that spur hammer, need to get myself one of those. Wonder where I can get the UNITED STATES PROPERTY and other stamping done? Having to get by with a Foster frame but the stampings would sure help with the illusion.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Thanks Scooter,

Sorry, I can't be of any help on where you could get the US markings. I had Caspian apply them when I ordered the frame.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

So that's what Gary's 1911A1 frame looks like
with the markings? Did you specify left side USP
markings instead of right?

Hmmmm, cool, I think I need one.....

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Did you specify left side USP markings instead of right?
Yes sir, I did request it be done that way.
As you've shown, knowledgeable folks would know right off it's a fake GI, I wanted to leave no room for doubt, just in case. ;)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thumb safeties?

Where did you folks find your GI thumb safeties?

they seem rather tough to come by these days.

-Warlock

(PM me if nothing else...I am really curious)

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got my thumb safety (and some other parts) from gun shows. Also watch ebay and generally keep an eye open for GI stuff. Because so many GI parts are used, I might buy a part then find the same part in better condition a few months later. So, I don't plan on having my pistol parkerized until I'm very happy with every part on it. That may take awhile :(

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Howdy Warlock,

I bought from, or traded three friends from all over the country for the parts I needed, one falla lives in Texas, one in Florida and one in Indiana. Truly a Franken45 :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts