1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently working on a few projects for a friend in Texas. This is project number two. This is a gift to his father but it has a couple of added benefits. One is conical and the other is a nice addition to the magwell area! Can you spot them? I admit this will be fun. Rock solid parts, no fancy bevels, balls or checkering. Straight GI on the outside but on the inside.....watch out! Let's get started.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
466 Posts
well, I'm intrigued ... to see exactly how that revolver cylinder is going to grafted into the project!

But seriously, very interested to see how this comes together. Always luv a Q-ship.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, I'm intrigued ... to see exactly how that revolver cylinder is going to grafted into the project!

But seriously, very interested to see how this comes together. Always luv a Q-ship.
Hahahahaha! Best of both worlds!

I need to buy stock in Qtips and shop towels. Lol

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Barrel is fit. Doing a little something different on the end. Owner wanted some to overhang so it can be rounded like a revolver. Thankfully @joec 's .710 cone made it possible to achieve a long flat so I can have the overhang plus keep .1 inside for bearing. Slide ID is .7015. Cone is currently at .701. I'm VERY excited to shoot this one. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the crown area cleaned up, finished reamed so I can move on to the little bits.

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
If I just had all the equipment, and all the knowledge and all the experience, I could do this! Hahaha!!

Nice work, enjoy seeing what goes into building one. Thank you!

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Conveniently placed the Stan Chen bag so I had to blow up the pic to find it! :grumble: Nice work Dustin! Be sure to include other posts and information as you procede.
Joe
I also meant to ask what is EGW? doing to the firing pin to call it O.S. ? .066 Close to 9mm?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Conveniently placed the Stan Chen bag so I had to blow up the pic to find it! :grumble: Nice work Dustin! Be sure to include other posts and information as you procede.
Joe
I also meant to ask what is EGW? doing to the firing pin to call it O.S. ? .066 Close to 9mm?
Ummm. Ya know I never paid attention to the bag? That is odd! The pin measures .066 and the slide is right at .070!

·
Registered
15,653 Posts
I LOVE the idea of a "sleeper". With cars, motorcycles, aircraft and guns, etc. It doesn't look like much but it takes performance to a whole new level. I used to work with a guy who had what looked like a stock 69 Camaro - but it was actually a Z 28 alum. small block built to the nines with a high rise manifold with a Muncie 4 speed and a heavy duty clutch. He removed the Z 28 badges. It could lift the front axle when you shifted from 1st to 2nd and snap your neck hard. FUN! He made a lot of money with that car......

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I LOVE the idea of a "sleeper". With cars, motorcycles, aircraft and guns, etc. It doesn't look like much but it takes performance to a whole new level. I used to work with a guy who had what looked like a stock 69 Camaro - but it was actually a Z 28 alum. small block built to the nines with a high rise manifold with a Muncie 4 speed and a heavy duty clutch. He removed the Z 28 badges. It could lift the front axle when you shifted from 1st to 2nd and snap your neck hard. FUN! He made a lot of money with that car......
Oh heck yeah!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Getting closer. He wanted an old school rounded revolver barrel look. Without grinding a crazy form cool I think its close.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's basically a rap. Owner requested a cold blue to protect it for a couple months before he sends it off for the real finish. I'm sitting here looking at a piss poor cold blue job thinking holy heck this thing actually looks like a true sleeper now! Thanks for following along!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts