1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

First post in this forum. Have been reading the forum for few days now and enjoyed it much. I am on the market for a SA GI Stainless Steel. Bud's had it in stock few days ago for $512 (shipped) but by the time I decided to put an order it was gone. Checked the usual on-line dealers for a decently priced GI but could not locate one. Does any of you know an on-line dealer that has the SS GI for $512-$530 price range (or even cheaper if it exists). Your help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
431 Posts
camacho0503 said:
Hey folks,

First post in this forum. Have been reading the forum for few days now and enjoyed it much. I am on the market for a SA GI Stainless Steel. Bud's had it in stock few days ago for $512 (shipped) but by the time I decided to put an order it was gone. Checked the usual on-line dealers for a decently priced GI but could not locate one. Does any of you know an on-line dealer that has the SS GI for $512-$530 price range (or even cheaper if it exists). Your help is greatly appreciated!

There are a few on gunbroker, but they are a little more.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=85906941

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=85906941

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Have you looked at local shops? My local shops always has GI's in park and stainless in stock around here it seems.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ambluemax said:
Have you looked at local shops? My local shops always has GI's in park and stainless in stock around here it seems.
Thanks for the suggestion. Have not looked since the prices I have gotten in the past for various firearms have mostly been pathetic. There is a shop around that seems to be bit more reasonable, and if I do not find anything within the price above, I might pay them a visit.

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
I think you'll be disappointed in the GI model due to lack of decent sights and obsolete control arrangement. You should be able to buy a good, used Loaded in the $400 - $500 range with little effort. Or, if you insist ;) a USGI in the $300 - $400 range.

I haven't bought a new handgun in 5 years. I let someone else works the bugs out of them. All have been literally like-new. I suspect the vast majority of folks take 'em to the range once or twice and put 'em back in the box.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Owwwah Chuck are you going to turn this into one of those threads? It is true, that the GI can leave some to be desired if you don't specifically want a USGI replica pistol, but if you buy it for what it is its a fun blaster. IF you just want a plain Jane 1911 with no reguard for history, spend the extra $100 and get the mil-spec model.

The original poster doesn't state which he's after, but that's my opinion on that.

Back to the original topic, yeah- give your local shops a peek. The full size GI park and stainless are probably some of the most commonly stocked SA 1911's. In the age of the internet its easy to foget about traditional gun stores, but remember if you buy online you'll have to factor in shipping too, in many cases that's where you loose what you "saved." Maybe, you can find a better deal online, but it might be easier to just buy one from a store.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will check the local stores, as well as I will keep scouting the Net, and will see what happens. As to the GI vs. the Mil-spec, I can go with either one (the Mil-Spec being the more modern version and preferable) but the price is an issue here.

Thanks folks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know and that is a great price, however, they emailed me that they are out stock and check with them in few weeks. Thanks though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts