1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I鈥檓 considering a pair of giraffe bone grips since ivory is so difficult to obtain. Before I shell out any of my limited supply of shekels (tight fisted financial secretary I鈥檓 married to馃槀), I would like to hear from someone who has used them on their pistol. Are there any issues I should be aware of or concerned about giraffe bone? Thanks and God bless.

Registered
I've had them on several guns & like them. They also seem more durable then my Ivory grips. Camel bone is another option that I like.

Registered
I have set of hand carved giraffe bone grips on one of my 1911s. They've been on it for several years and have held up great no issues at all and the gun has been carried, used in competition, etc.. I couldn't be happier with them.

Registered
I used to use a lot of giraffe bone on knives and if it didn't split while drilling the holes then it was very durable as it is usually stabilized. I bought all mine from giraffebone.com and all of their stuff is stabilized.

This is some I used:

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
From what vendor did you gentlemen porches your giraffe bone grips? Thanks and God bless.

Registered

Registered
I have a set of carved camel bone grips from Tommy 2 feathers that turned out amazing in my eyes. They feel great and are only looking better with age.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts