1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd try the dart throwing thing to get a winner.

I wrote the names on a post it note and cut them into 1/4" strips and attached them in a circle around the bull's eye on the board.
Then I backed up about 15 feet and let fly.....

After resting my throwing arm I repositioned myself to ten feet from the board and let fly.....

After all that practice I have found that I can consistantly hit somewhere near the board about half of the time. :(

I had previously decided that I actually had to pierce the paper with a name on it to count. After all of that I did finally hit one.

And the winner is.... Belisarius.

Congrats to him and a Merry Christmas to all.

After Belisarius makes his pick I would like for you other fellas to post back and pick a grip.I would very much like to make about four other forumites a gift of a set of grips.

Hey it is Christmas and I'm in the mood for giving. :D

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave...

I appreciate the kind words and would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Happy holidays to you and yours.

That's a kind offer, and if Belisarius leaves the smooth S&W grips up for grabs, I'm not too shy to ask to be considered.

And if you were to walk over to make delivery I'd even make a fresh pot of good cajun coffee to help perk you up after the stroll.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hey!

Wow, I actually won! Potthawg, I congratulate you on your fine thowing skills! (Actually, one of the reasons I'm glad I won is now I get to try and figure out a way to top some of the ways to pick the next winner)

I do believe that if it's still okay, that I'll pick the Colt Officers/Defender grips. Thank you very much and a Merry Christmas to you and yours!

I'll PM you with my mailing particulars.

I think this brings us up to GK 20. Now the only thing is that I am leaving tomorrow for a week's vacation and won't post it until then. So no one please start flaming me when you don't see a post until 4 Jan or so.

Once again, thanks Potthawg and Happy Holidays!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
potthawg:

Since I'm pretty new here, I'm not sure which grips you are refering to?

Would you please enlighten me?

I hope everyone had a safe & happy holidays... Please be careful, if you're traveling back home, from where ever you might have had to visit...

S. A. S/S loaded 1911, is what I shoot.

Thanks,
:rock:

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GRIPS..

Congrats to Belisarius. The compact 1911 grips are going to his house.

Jim Fox, the round butt K/L frame grips are yours. PM me with your shipping address. You're gonna like 'em.

Stainless 45, if you'll check out the other GK19 thread you will see pics of the remaining grips.

The grips that are looking for a new home are;

K/L factory S&W target.

Ruger old model SBH grips. (Walnut)

Ruger new model BH & Single Six.

Speak up fellas.First come first served.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup...

DW10MMPointman said:
Potthawg,

Any chance that I could get the old style Ruger BH grips from ya'?If so just let me know, and I'll send you a pm. Thanks.:D
They're yours for the asking DW10PM. They are for the Super Blackhawk frame. Came off a nice three screw that has since gone down the road.

I'll be looking for a pm from you.

·
Registered
80 Posts
THANK YOU, VERY MUCH...

THAT'S A GREAT GESTURE, ON YOUR PART.

Have a great holiday season!

:rock: :rock: :rock:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
CONGRATS Belisarius...!!!

And Potthawg - I gotta add... That's a darn fine offer and gesture.... Good on you - and special thanks for all you do to keep the Christmas spirit.. Amazing. My hats off to you...!!!

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
PH...I'd like to have those Tactical Tiger grips! :D

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AZ....

AZ Husker said:
PH...I'd like to have those Tactical Tiger grips! :D
Good to hear from you again. Since it is the Christmas season and I'm feeling real generous..........Never mind. :D

Happy holidays!

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JD...

Thanks for the kind words.

There's someone else here on the GK thread that has plenty of Christmas spirit too. If you remember GK 18 that I won from Yotehunter,you may recall that I chose the Fobus holster from his list. Well,Ole Yote tossed in a set of Houge grips and a couple of boxes of 10mm Double Tap ammo. :eek:

I've said it before and I'll keep on saying it. The 1911 Forum and especially the DW page has some of the best folks you'll find anywhere.

GROUP HUG! :D

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Grips shipped...

Belisarius,jimfox and DW10mmPM....

Packages went out Monday via USPS. Hope you guys recieve them in time to play with them by the weekend. ;)

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Scrooge!!

Y'all will notice that our buddy potthawg neglected to add a box of the DT ammo as a potential prize for GK19. Uh huh...some "southern gentleman"... :p Now, where's the smilie that means "jealous"... :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Re: Grips shipped...

potthawg said:
Belisarius,jimfox and DW10mmPM....

Packages went out Monday via USPS. Hope you guys recieve them in time to play with them by the weekend. ;)
Thank you very much.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Scrooge!!

dpcdivr said:
Y'all will notice that our buddy potthawg neglected to add a box of the DT ammo as a potential prize for GK19. Uh huh...some "southern gentleman"... :p Now, where's the smilie that means "jealous"... :biglaugh:
Dave,

Gotta save something for the next time. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts