1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have prescription glasses and at ranges they say that's good enough, but I'd feel more comfortable with something that rides closer to my noggin becuase there's still a lot of room lead fragments can fly back and hit my eyeballs.

But at the moment are there eye protection gear that allows me to wear my glasses until I get contacts? I'd feel a lot more comfortable with something that rides closer. Something like Chem 101 goggles but they seem to ruin your peripheral vision.

------------------
Jeff More
Irvine, PRC
All your AR-15 are belong to us!

·
Registered
674 Posts
A couple of the Shooting Glasses mfgs like WileyX and Gargoyles make an insert kit you can buy. It costs around $25. You just take it to your local optician and they can have the lab grind the inserts to your prescription. Then you snap these into the frame of your shooting glasses. Dillon stocks the Gargoyles kit in their catalog. Just check around some of the shooters supply sites on the net.

Originally posted by Skunkabilly:
Hi,

I have prescription glasses and at ranges they say that's good enough, but I'd feel more comfortable with something that rides closer to my noggin becuase there's still a lot of room lead fragments can fly back and hit my eyeballs.

But at the moment are there eye protection gear that allows me to wear my glasses until I get contacts? I'd feel a lot more comfortable with something that rides closer. Something like Chem 101 goggles but they seem to ruin your peripheral vision.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Bolle' offers a "tactical" line of their famous sportsglasses, and they can fill any prescription directly to their 8-base designs...no inserts, full wraparound coverage, at a hunnert a pop I wish I could afford them...check their website, there is nothing like Bolle' shooting glasses...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
If yuo don't mind looking a little like a "bug-eye" from outer space, any good auto parts store should have a pair of safety glasses for air conditioning work, etc. These are a one piece affair with elastic strap that are big enough to go over your regular prescription glasses, and are not that expensive. Should work well, for low cost, until you get contacts.

------------------
Regards,
AZFred

·
Registered
143 Posts

Bolle Parole/Vigilante SES

We are dealers of Bolle sports glasses and tactical goggles. The Bolle Parole/Vigilante SES system comes with 4 sets of lenses for $89.95 (normally $120 retail). Units like the Army Marksmanship Unit issue the Bolle Parole/Vigilante as standard eye protection. If you find these glasses elsewhere, check how many lenses they come with (usually 1 or 2 sets). RX adapters are available for $27.95.

If you are looking for eye-pro to go over your glasses, the Bolle Attacker tactical goggles are designed for just that. We are awaiting a restocking order for the Attacker. The Bolle Commando and T-800R tactical goggles have RX adapters available to them. If anyone has further questions about the Bolle line of eye-pro, please don't hesitate to drop us an email.

------------------
SKD Tactical Accessories
www.skdtac.com
Your source for hard-core, no-bs gear.

[This message has been edited by skdtac (edited 08-08-2001).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts