1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what's up with the Glazer Safety Slugs?? I've heard a few really bizzar things on these rounds, but some interesting things too. I might buy a pack to run them through the gun to see if they work, but how are they for carry?? What are the pros and cons of these wild rounds? How do they work for accuracy and distance?

Thanks in advance all

Cheers

------------------
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-Thomas Jefferson

·
Registered
281 Posts
I favor them. They have the same profile as hardball and I've never had one refuse to feed in any 1911. I load Glasers for the first two rounds out of the mag, then fill up with Federal Hydrashock 230's.

The most often stated concern is penetration, but I've shot enough of them to be confident as to their power.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I wouldn't rely on them. In very special circumstances - like if I were an airline pilot. Then it might make sense, and even then I would be very tempted to stay with a light hollowpoint, or Quick-Shoks.

I will admit that I haven't tested them on any tactical barriers - which can mean simply heavy clothing materials. But from all I have read about them, I just don't think they are reliable penetrators.

·
Registered
387 Posts
LAK, you are very correct. The only thing frangible ammuntion is good for is seperating you from your hard earned cash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts