1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you lube after? What do you use and where?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I did'nt see anything about puting lube on anything after you're done. This might be a dumb question but some people put grease on the connector. Does that cancel out the polishing?
A little light oil where the trigger bar works against the connector. Also, a very small drop on the part of the cruciform (trigger bar) that mates with the striker. Also, a small drop in the hole on the trigger bar where the trigger bar spring hinges. Those are the only metal to metal friction points in the trigger assembly. You can run a Glock trigger assembly completely dry if you prefer.

·
Registered
14,937 Posts
A little light oil where the trigger bar works against the connector. Also, a very small drop on the part of the cruciform (trigger bar) that mates with the striker. Also, a small drop in the hole on the trigger bar where the trigger bar spring hinges. Those are the only metal to metal friction points in the trigger assembly. You can run a Glock trigger assembly completely dry if you prefer.

You can, but at some point, the trigger pull will be really horrible, assuming that you're talking about not putting the drop of oil where the connector and trigger bar engage. The drops at the spring hole and cruciform are superfluous.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You can, but at some point, the trigger pull will be really horrible, assuming that you're talking about not putting the drop of oil where the connector and trigger bar engage. The drops at the spring hole and cruciform are superfluous.
My suggestions were based on the experience of putting about 18,000 rounds through various Glocks with stock and aftermarket trigger components during the last 2 years. Glock Trigger springs are prone to breakage. They always break at the metal to metal attachment. What do you base YOUR opinion on? And yes, if you lube the trigger assembly points I mentioned and then NEVER clean the pistol, the trigger pull may get gritty...

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
Don't pay any attention to Walter. He does not even own a Glock.:biglaugh:
Glock trigger springs WERE prone to breakage before they enlarged the hole in the trigger bar. Since then it is a non issue. I have broken exactly one spring in the 10 years that I have been shooting Glocks - old style bar.

·
Registered
77 Posts
7 different Glocks of various calibers....over 32,000 documented rounds through them collectively and not a single broken trigger spring. Guess im lucky.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts