1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never thought I would say it, but been using my Glock 34 at some IDPA matches this year, really like the gun, shoots nice and I can still conceal it easily (6'5" 220lbs). Still like my Kimber CDP best of all, but with .45 ammo prices the Glock rocks.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I shoot both IDPA and USPSA with a G34 and a 1911 and no matter how much I practice I can't seem to shoot as consistantly with the Glock. I know this is a personal issue as there are guys who can really make those Glocks rock. With me the shorter trigger pull and heavier frame of the 1911 wins out every time. I'll keep trying because when I carry I usually carry my G17 and I like to stay proficient with it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've come to reallyReallyREALLY like the G34 in speed steel. Points well, good sights, and learning the Glock trigger trick makes it function so much better.

I've finally figured out how to reload for it.

Now to work on the x-ring stuff.

And, of course, to drop 3 more seconds off each stage time.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
I've shot a GLock 20/21/35 on and off for 3 years...upon switching back to my Para P14, my placing in Limited jumped to 4rth place.

I'm sold on the 1911 variant trigger being vastly superior for precision work at speed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts