1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I set a goal at the beginning of this "match season" and bought a new revolver to use in IDPA matches. Making the changeover from five years of strictly semi-auto to the revo has been challenging, to say the least, but I have finally overcome (phase one)!

Guess I'll have to set a more lofty goal for next year...

Mikey

·
Registered
610 Posts
Congratulations Mikey
Now, let's see you do it with a non-gamer gun.
(Just kidding) I hope to see you at the Nationals in October.

Steve

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be there, Steve...do you think I should get my revo ported?? Maybe some super secret gamer ports that aren't readily noticable...there's so much gas leaking out of these revolvers no one would notice!!

Mikey

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
We KNOW you have no shame.

And congratulations on the net, you already have them in person.

------------------
John

"And by the way, Mr. Speaker, The Second Amendment is not for killing ducks and leaving Huey and Dewey and Louie without an aunt and uncle. It is for hunting politicians like (in) Grozney and in 1776, when they take your independence away".
Robert K. Dornen, U.S. Congressman. 1995

·
Registered
366 Posts
Excellent!! Good job Mr. Maples. I have the CDP & SSR divisions completed myself. By April I plan to finish SSP & ISP. It is important to have measureable & attainable goals.

·
Super Moderator
13,559 Posts
Mikey,
Congratulations you gamer Area Coordinator. Welcome to the 4 Gun Sharpshooter Club, I don't have the money to send to Berryville so no plaque for me. We'll have to try for the next level, maybe one day we'll be just like Benedict.

------------------
"If she can cook chicken, she suits me to a T."
Ray Charles

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Ricky,

Hey, go ahead and cough up the bucks...I know you have 'em - I've seen your CAR!!!

And FYI, I'm no longer an Area Coordinator. I decided to bow out, probably un-gracefully.

Mikey

·
Registered
610 Posts
Mikey,
Funny you should mention ported guns. I decided to shoot my "carry gun" at a local match a few weeks ago, with full powered .357 loads. I did this for a couple of reasons. #1 To maintain proficieny with that weapon. #2 To cycle through some of the ammo I had been carrying around for awhile. Needless to say, I was not the most popular of people for shooting it in an indoor range.

As far as super secret gamer ports, I have yet to see any as of yet. Being the high speed, low drag gamer that I am, I'll be sure to find them if they are out there.

Once again, Congratulations Mikey. That is quite an accomplishment, and I hope to be able to match it one day.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
13,559 Posts
Originally posted by Mikey:
Thanks Ricky,

Hey, go ahead and cough up the bucks...I know you have 'em - I've seen your CAR!!!

And FYI, I'm no longer an Area Coordinator. I decided to bow out, probably un-gracefully.

Mikey
Yeah, you've seen my car, that old piece of rusted, rattle trap.

I'm sorry that you're no longer the AC, don't tell me you gave in to the pressure from the few trouble makers. I thought that you were the right guy for the job. IDPA lost out on a good man.

·
Super Moderator
13,559 Posts
Hey Mikey,
I shot the classifier today with a G19. I missed Expert by 3.5 seconds. I'm on my quest to be a 4 Gun Expert. It's going to be hard though, since I don't have an ESP or SSR. Maybe you'll loan me that manly 610?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Hey Mikey!

Way to go, bro! That's quite an accomplishment.

So what guns did you use in each division to achieve this classification?

SSP: ?
ESP: ?
CDP: ?
SR: 610 (I remember this one)

------------------
Byron Simpson

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The 4-gun battery:

ESP - Custom STI 2011 in 40 S&W

CDP - Wilson Combat 1996-A2 (45 ACP of course) - traded the Wilson and now use my home-made Caspian Commander

SSP - My duty gun, Glock 17 (3rd Generation)

SSR - S&W 610 10mm (shooting 40 S&W)

Mikey

1 - 13 of 13 Posts