1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I live in Alabama, my question is this - is it perfectly legal to transport in a car/SUV going to a public shooting range (pistol unloaded, in a lock case, in trunk or back of an SUV, bullets in a separate lock container) without a CCW permit. Replies from LEOs very much appreciated.

Thanks
SA45

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, I'm not LE but I can assure you that it is perfectly legal to transport to and from a range in the manner you described. Simp

·
Registered
949 Posts
Hi

I last lived in Alabama in 1994, so I would guess that there have been some changes in the law. In 1994, you could easily get a CCW for Alabama. But according to how I read the law, after you get a concealed weapons permit, you couldn't get the gun "unconcealed" to actually shoot it. If memory serves, the law stated that when those who have a concealed weapon permit may carry concealed pistols, but the weapons must always be carried concealed.

You might check into getting the permit. By the way, the BEST gun range I've ever been to was Hurricane Creek in Bankhead National Forest.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts