1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need me some extra parts.

Since my SRP is going to the grave with me I figured some spare stuff is in order.

I thing I will have them fit two new extractors, buy some extra grip screws, couple of firing pins and enough springs for three changes....oh yeah, and some grips if they can find me a dark set.

Now here are the questions to those of you who have sent guns back for work.....

...do you know if they will install a 10-8 rear sight and something up front that is a little more visible at an indoor range? Like a target ring around the tritium? It's a little hard to see the top of the front sight easily indoors.

Does Baer make a MSH with an integral lanyard loop that you know of?

Thanks!

Barry

·
Registered
262 Posts
Baer extractors are a drop in part. I didn't know that at the time but I ended up sending my TRS in to have them fitted. I could have done it myself.

I ordered new grips and grip screws without an issue from Baer. Depending on the grips you have, it's an easy process. I got 2 new grip sets and 4 sets of grip screws. I figured better to be safe than sorry.

As for the sights...I don't know. It couldn't hurt to ask them.

For the MSH, I have not seen one on their website. I do know that their are after market ones available from various other manufacturers.

[email protected]

^General email address for Les Baer. I was in contact with a two ladies named Brenda and Sue. Talk about awesome customer service...Les Baer is it!

Hope this helps you out.

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Baer extractors are a drop in part. I didn't know that at the time but I ended up sending my TRS in to have them fitted. I could have done it myself.

I ordered new grips and grip screws without an issue from Baer. Depending on the grips you have, it's an easy process. I got 2 new grip sets and 4 sets of grip screws. I figured better to be safe than sorry.

As for the sights...I don't know. It couldn't hurt to ask them.

For the MSH, I have not seen one on their website. I do know that their are after market ones available from various other manufacturers.

[email protected]

^General email address for Les Baer. I was in contact with a two ladies named Brenda and Sue. Talk about awesome customer service...Les Baer is it!

Hope this helps you out.

Hey thanks!

The extractors do not need any fitting to the slide or tensioning? That would be a plus.

It's kinda why I figured I would call instead of email.

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
The extractors do not need any fitting to the slide or tensioning? That would be a plus.

Midway sells Les Baer extractor also...great pricing.
The one Baer extractor i got recently was a drop in fit in my PII. i don't recall it required any tension adjustment at all. i'm currently using the original LB extractor as a spare.

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Midway sells Les Baer extractor also...great pricing.
The one Baer extractor i got recently was a drop in fit in my PII. i don't recall it required any tension adjustment at all. i'm currently using the original LB extractor as a spare.
No kidding? That's great.

I hope mine isn't different though....the last 3 digits of the ser# are etched on many parts of the gun including the extractor.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Fitted extractor

I called LBC this past week to order an extractor. Brenda said she would certainly send me one, but it might not fit. She said it would likely be too long and extend past the rear of the slide and if I sent the slide they would grind it to be flush and blue it.

I have attempted to fit other brands, Wilson and Ed Brown. In both cases the fitting was not drop in. In fact, some material removal in unexpected places was required. But, with some filing, other extractors do function quite well.

I have 2 L.Baer pistols and the extractors are the one part that are not fit so tight, but the firing pin stops are fit very exactly, at leat on my pistols. The extractors aren't going to move around any. YMMV.

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
The Les Baer extractor i got from Midway was a dropin fit in my PII.
IMO... a minor cosmetic issue not being exactly flush with the slide, it does not bother me a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts