1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone get this gun yet?

there seems to be a huge difference in price between the regular RL and the Gold Combat...

what's the difference between the two?

·
Registered
302 Posts
im new to these handguns but have researched quite a lot trying to buy one. but from what ive understood is that rail is quite new and that could be the cost becides this version is really tricked out:cool: i would get one if i had 1300 to 1500 dollars:( but i'm settling with a tactical pro II

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Differences

Trigger, ambi-safety, magwell and KimPro finish.

·
Registered
261 Posts
also nicer grips and......30lpi checkering under the triggergaurd.

I have seen 4 of these pistols in person now and have to say they are beautiful, pictures of them do not do them justice. The last one my dealer had (the 4th) was gonna be mine but I was a dollar short and a day late! That same dealer has had a few standard TLE/RL's and they are awesome also but they just don't do it for me like the Gold Combat Rail version does. I've noticed one thing on the rail frames lately, the first ones my dealer got had a straight abrupt step up to the rail in front of the slide release (on the left/slide release side of the pistol) and the newer ones have a nice "to the eyes" radius around the slide release. They always had the nice radius on the right side but now have it on both. Mechanically it's not a big deal but I just think it looks a lot nicer.

·
Registered
302 Posts
steel. They don't rail alumium. atleast thats what they said when i called them and asked the same question. b/c right now there not gonna rail the tactical series cause their alumium.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts