1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for some reason I buy guns in spurts....I just bought a CCO gunsite but it has made me want a commander. I found a Gold Cup commander on gunsamerica but it is $1500 or so. Is it that rare? I really do want something out of the ordinary, something sort of collectible. I have only seen one other GC commander used for $995 but it is now sold. This one looks to be NIB. Is it worth it?

·
Registered
196 Posts
popa1911 said:
for some reason I buy guns in spurts....I just bought a CCO gunsite but it has made me want a commander. I found a Gold Cup commander on gunsamerica but it is $1500 or so. Is it that rare? I really do want something out of the ordinary, something sort of collectible. I have only seen one other GC commander used for $995 but it is now sold. This one looks to be NIB. Is it worth it?
The Colt GC Commanders do seem to be rare -- I'm sure someone here will know how few were made -- and from what I have seen, they seem to be climbing in price, like every other collectible firearm these days.

Is it worth $1500? Only you can decide that. If you intend to keep this pistol in NIB condition as a collectible, that's one thing. If you are looking for a good, accurate shooter, well then, for $1500 I would definitely get something else, something that will not have its value lessened when I shoot it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.