1911Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Interesting that this model should come up. I traded one of these in stainless to my dealer probably 8-10 years ago, and he has had it at his home (and not shop) during that time. A guy asked him to bring it in this week and ended up buying it for $1400, which I thought was totally unbelievable. Basically a Gold Cup with a shortened slide and barrel and a different roll mark. Nice if you've got a truck full of Colt's and need the model, but I still prefer the full sized Gold Cup.

In re-reading the post I see that I may have made a mistake. The gun I'm referring to I suppose technically would have been called a Combat Commander Gold Cup as it had a steel frame, although the roll mark did read Commander Gold Cup. I don't think I ever have seen a lightweight version of this gun.
One I owned would have been a Series 80 with the spade type grip safety, GC frame and trigger, serrated front strap, GC Elliason sights, don't recall if it had the serrated rib or the solid one on top of the slide. I traded for it for around $650 and got about that out of it trading as I recall. These guns have been around for some time.

[This message has been edited by col132 (edited 09-02-2001).]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.