1911Forum banner

Gold Cup Trophy Match

2125 20
Picked up a new Trophy Match yesterday. It was quite a bit different than a Trophy Match I owned a couple of years ago. That gun was not particularly accurate, and overall fitting on it was pretty poor. My new one has an extremely tight slide to frame fit, spade type beavertail (Series 80), round top slide fitted with Bomar rear and dovetailed front, wide 3 hole adjustable trigger, good trigger pull, and came with hex head wrenches, bushing wrench, extra recoil spring, two mags, and exellent looking test target. Only bummer was the rubber wraparound grips. Hopefully will get it out to the range this week.

[This message has been edited by col132 (edited 05-02-2001).]
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
437 Posts
I am very confident that all your grievances will be moot on the line. Thats one of the best you got in Colts arsenal. I am considering a Trophy S/S shooter myself. Keep us posted on your Trophys line performance, please.

·
Banned
437 Posts
col132, if your Trophy did have front slide serrations. I would get in my grave now and begin rolling. Enough with the comparisons to others. Colt needs to be the one compared too. Their back in my mind, and it seems they never left.

·
Banned
437 Posts
Well i'll be 80 in 48yrs. and more than likely dead. Good job on the continued shooting John Foster. I sold a S/S Trophy aways back. And i've heard the new version does'nt have the serrated flat topslide. Damn I messed up again. And must find an original flattop Trophy. Oh well as far as Gold Cups go I still got my 68 National Match. Which I would be nuts to use for any sort of carry. The trigger is a think about it variety. Know what I mean, thanks guys.

·
Banned
437 Posts
I think its a mistake for Colt to make the change on the stainless model. The stainless is the treasured one. The blue has always been considered a contemporary 1911. But in this case it does'nt hold. As the Gold Cup is in a different realm. Considered the accuracy king of yesterday. And still in the competition. And as far as stainless it is the higher price = go to for Colt performance. I wish Colt had changed the blue model instead. Thanks Col.Colt

·
Banned
437 Posts
I'm in then, I am going to buy one of the new stainless Trophys. And probably take me awhile to get 1000 through it. But I like the way it shot without a flaw. John Foster thanks for the 1000 round test/post.

·
Banned
437 Posts
Like I said in an earlier post. Why the heck carry a Gold Cup? Is'nt the intended purpose of the gun at all. They are giving in to versatility buyers. And turning off some of us with this crap. Thanks Col. Colt, if it is'nt a Colt I won't buy it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.