1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just received my Gold Cup Trophy on May 1 and it has all the features described by col132 except for the Bomar rear sight and adjustable front sight. Mine has Elliason rear and non- adjustable front blade.I have been shooting it now for two days to break it in. So far have fired it 350 rounds without a MF. Mine has one 7 round mag and one 8 round. It came with the light recoil spring installed but I exchanged it for the heavier spring which also came with it as I shoot hardball handloads with 6.5 gr. of Unique. I wish it had the trigger of my old 1958 National March but will just learn to live with this one. It's not bad as it is
and I'm sure it will get better after the
break-in period. Should have 1K through it by the week end.

Gunhamr

·
Registered
173 Posts
The test target that came with my Trophy did not have a date. It is Model 05870CS which on the www.1911 Org page shows that the only
extra feature it had was accurizing and test target included. I have fired 200 more rds. this morning which brings me to 550 total with NO MF. I have used the two original mags; two Wilson-Rogers and two Shooting Star. I load them all and then do not shoot them in any particular order. NO MFs. All my loads are handloads with 6.5 gr. Unique.
So far I have shot 250 230 gr.RNFMJ, 200 230 gr. hard cast RN and 100 230 gr. truncated cone hard cast. After I get through with this 1K break-in, I will remove the firing pin safety feature and that should improve the trigger pull. I live alone so the safety
is no problem. All guns are locked in safe except when I am using them. Hope yours shoots as well as mine!

gunhamr

·
Registered
173 Posts
col132, there is a 5070CS listed under the Gold Cup but it is stainless steel. Your number is not even on the list. Must be
something really new. They don't show the Bomar sight as an option. Who knows, you may have a "one of a kind."

I am now up to 700 rounds without a MF!!!!
Hope to finish 1K tomorrow but that much shooting is kinda tiring on an old man. I'll
soon be 80 if I live a little longer.

Some folks tell me I ought to be sitting under a shade tree playing checkers with
another old geezer but I'll be shooting as long as I can pull a trigger. Not nearly as accurate as I once was but still love to try.

------------------
John

·
Registered
173 Posts
Took me four days but I finally got that 1K
rounds through my Gold Cup Trophy.

My only comment is; it's hard to improve on perfection. If it ain't a Colt, it's a copy.

------------------
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.