1911Forum banner

Gold Cup Trophy Match

2125 20
Picked up a new Trophy Match yesterday. It was quite a bit different than a Trophy Match I owned a couple of years ago. That gun was not particularly accurate, and overall fitting on it was pretty poor. My new one has an extremely tight slide to frame fit, spade type beavertail (Series 80), round top slide fitted with Bomar rear and dovetailed front, wide 3 hole adjustable trigger, good trigger pull, and came with hex head wrenches, bushing wrench, extra recoil spring, two mags, and exellent looking test target. Only bummer was the rubber wraparound grips. Hopefully will get it out to the range this week.

[This message has been edited by col132 (edited 05-02-2001).]
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Guys, no mystery - their are two Gold Cup models being produced currently.

- O5070X is the new stainless Gold Cup - which has the new features - round top slide, BoMars, Videki trigger. More of a carry/combat GC. List price is $1116.00

- O5070CS is the "Classic" Gold Cup, just like the original with Ellison sights, blue only, but with Videki trigger in place of the original "heavy" steel trigger. List price is $1050.00

Not a gun of the month - a choice between the original classic target pistol and a more "combat custom" style Gold Cup. Choice is good!

Warmly, Col. Colt

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
John, if you haven't already, how about posting a notice of your satisfaction under "Range Reports" so those beknighted souls that don't venture here to the Colt forum can hear about it! Positive feedback is always a Good Thing. And I think the Stainless mods make sense, Redzone - most people would rather carry stainless than blue for finish durability reasons.

Warmly, Col. Colt

[This message has been edited by Col. Colt (edited 05-06-2001).]

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Colts of today are much better guns than Colts produced during the 70's and 80's. Colt has a new, modern plant - and the guns rival the quality of the original pre-WWI 1911s regarding fit, with superior metallurgy.

As regards the current models of Gold Cup - get the new stainless with the factory BoMars and Videki trigger - we have sold several and they are awesome! The collet bushing has been gone for a long time now - it generally worked well, but could cause problems if not fitted properly. The solid bushing is all Colt has used for years now.

Many of us think the best days of the Colt 1911 are right now! I don't think you will be disapointed in a new Gold Cup.

Warmly, Col. Colt

"Beware of Counterfeits and Patent Infringements"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.