1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out at the indoor range with my brother in law. I brought my Kimber Custom, he sported a Gold Match. Well, to make the long story short, when we rapid fired combat style at 50ft, my Custom consistently shot a 4" circle while his GM consistently shot 2". It wasn't the shooter either 'cause we swapped guns throughout the day and the results were always the same. So the question that begs asking is, what is the minimum amount of mods (read $$$) that I can do to the Custom to close the gap a little bit with the GM - in terms of accuracy? My pride is a little hurt. Thank you gentlemen.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I would say the barrel in your custom could use a little tweaking with respect to fit. As far as I know, the barrel in your custom is the same as the one in the GM. Have someone check the fit, maybe a new match bushing, and see where your are at with respect to accuracy.

I have a Classic Stainless Target. There is not a GM out there that is as accurate as this pistol.

------------------
John

"And by the way, Mr. Speaker, The Second Amendment is not for killing ducks and leaving Huey and Dewey and Louie without an aunt and uncle. It is for hunting politicians like (in) Grozney and in 1776, when they take your independence away".
Robert K. Dornen, U.S. Congressman. 1995

·
Registered
92 Posts
SanduneCC,
Send your pistol to Scott at www.sdmfabricating.com . He does great work at a great price. He did a reliability job, trigger job, refit my existing barrel, and installed a match barrel bushing with a two piece guide rod and now my Kimber Custom shoots a ragged hole. This will run you about $300.00. CALL HIM!

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts