1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I broke down and bought a Super-Tac today and it should be here Wednesday. "Sure hunny the refund on the broken Sig GSR paid for it" it doesn’t count as a new gun :biglaugh:

I'll post a range report Thursday or Friday and some pics after this weekend...

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Excellant choice

You will never look back at the rest. You now have the best, and will know it shortly.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Congrats! be sure to write up a range report. It should follow these guidelines:

- The gun was boring reliable
- The gun was super accurate
- The gun was super tight
- It took me 3 hrs to take the gun apart and put it back together.

Enjoy! :D

·
Registered
997 Posts
Congratulations Forester :). You'll never regret it . As an owner of 3 Custom Colts , 2 Baers, 1 Wilson , 2 Kimbers and more , I honestly think you made the best move you could have . I was just telling my custom gunsmith today that I thought Baers were the best value for the buck when the consumer broke the production gun barrier .

Now go order a case of Federal American Eagle 230 gr FMJ from Natchez. They're Les' recommended ammo for break in and you're going to need 'em :D
http://www.natchezss.com/cart.cfm?p...=0&addInfoReqd=&CFID=1001642&CFTOKEN=10574965 1000 rds for $185

Again congrats and let us know how it goes...Tom

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Necessary?

I know the federal ammo is the recomended break in ammunition but im sitting here looking at about 2000 rds of my reloads I have found to be as accurate and reliable as any .45 ammo I have ever shot in several guns. Is it really necessary to buy the federal?

1000rds my reloads +/- $85
1000rds federal $185 + shipping

In other words I can shoot more than twice as many of mine for the same price.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Use yours.

I have over 20,000 rounds through 2 Baers; yet, I have never fired a single Federal round. I have had ZERO malfunctions caused by the pistols. The one that didn't fire had a very well oiled primer for over a week. My fault, not the guns.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Forester said:
I know the federal ammo is the recomended break in ammunition ......
Hi Federal isn 't the recommended break in ammunition, it's the ammunition that Baer uses to test the guns prior to leaving the factory, and what they're guarnteed to shoot 3 inch, or 2.5 inch groups with. You can use your reloads, and it almost certainly won't matter. Have fun, Hardball with 1930 round count, all 230 grain bullets until NEXT WEEK.

Mike

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Driving me Crazy...

I thought the gun was coming today but it turns out tomorrow, I thought handguns had to go overnight?

Anyway I will hopefully shoot it tomorrow and Saturday...maybe Sunday too and give an update.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts