1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a competent 1911 Pistolsmith in the Lancaster PA area?

·
Registered
784 Posts
My advice would be, don't be so locked into being "too local". In PA you got John Yanek (Schnecksville) EGW (Doylestown) to name just two. Just a wee bit south of you in MD is Alan Marvel. Look at it this way, what's a couple hours when you could spend up to a couple grand?

Rich

·
Registered
120 Posts
The names Trumpet gave you are all great choices, I'm not so sure John is taking in work at this time, but EGW and Marvel both put out quality work.

I am also located in PA. approx. an hour or so Northeast-ish of Lancaster. I have several clients from your area that make the trip up to the shop.

I'd be happy to help you out or answer any questions you may have.

Shop hours are Tues, Wed, Thurs 9-5, Fri 9-4, Sat. 9-1

Attached is a photo from my web site www.pinnacle-guns.com , this was built primarily for competition so there are a few options the the client specifically requested.

It features my radius slide serrations (one of the requests')
30 LPI machine cut checkering
Magwell
Adjustable Caspian rear sight, fiberoptic front
Nowlin frame, Caspian slide
Kart Barrel
STI trigger, Nowlin firing components
Brown beavertail, & Kings xtra wide thumb safety

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mark, nice web page:) Also seem like some decent prices you have. I have been thinking of getting a few things done to my Kimber Custom II SS and I think I may stop up and see you. I am in MD so the trip to PA will not be a big deal for me.

Nice looking work on the firearms you have on your site. :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Another vote for George et al at EGW. Great guys to deal with.

Art Leckie in Piperville also does good work.

I talked to Yanek a year ago or so and his wait for a custom gun was running at 3 years, which is too long for my taste.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Kimber-SS, Thank you.

I'd be happy to help you out. I do all client shop visits by appointment only, so if you decide to stop by just call and we'll set something up.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mark thanks for the prompt reply. I will in fact contact you when I am ready to get some things done.

I just want to get a few things done like:
Arched msh/mag well. "blended"
And I want to discuss options for making my SS Kimber two-tone by changing the slide finish.

Do you have a few smiths working for you or do you do all the work?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm a one man shop Kimber-SS, At least for now, I can't bring myself to trusting my reputation in someone else's hands.

All refinishing is out sourced, but I do the prep work. I had a bad experience with a plater "polishing" the sides of a slide once.......Just once.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That is good to know. I was hoping you were a one man shop. Easy to deal with one person when discussing what I want done.

I look forward to dealing with you Mark. I know this depends on your work load but what is your usual turn around?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm currently working on 6-7 months for full customs (ground up)

But, I always take about two days a week to fit in the smaller jobs, But naturally the type and amount of work and refinishing really dictates an accurate time estimate. 6 weeks seems to be an average for the smaller work.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thank you for the replys. I will be in touch within the next month or so.

Shawn :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts