1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to carry my Kimber TLE II for concealed carry and also use it for general use (executive protection). Can someone recommend a good holster for both? I know it is a big gun to carry but it shoots phenominal and I feel very comfortable with it.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Try High Noon Holsters, their "Need for Speed" for a 5'' 1911 is an excellent holster for CCW. I have one in horse hide, and it's my pick when my DOJs won't do. Very good quality leather and tight stitching, with a good warranty, but you won't need it.

·
Banned
103 Posts
kissalive74,

I carry a custom II. As long as you have a quality belt and holster, you can carry your 1911 with ease. I find that concealing a long 1911 is easier to conceal than a short, fat polymer pistol. In my opinion it is easier to conceal length than width. YMMV

Just my $.02. Good luck and good choice of carry pistol:rock:

·
Registered
731 Posts
kissalive74,

I carry a custom II. As long as you have a quality belt and holster, you can carry your 1911 with ease. I find that concealing a long 1911 is easier to conceal than a short, fat polymer pistol. In my opinion it is easier to conceal length than width. YMMV

Just my $.02. Good luck and good choice of carry pistol:rock:
Carl is absolutely right on this. The 1911-style pistols are not terribly difficult for must users to conceal, when using a well-designed and properly -fitted holster. Overall, length is far easier to deal with than the bulbous grip frames on many popular handguns. The "Blocks" (excuse me, Glocks) and other large-capacity plastic wonders are much more bulky.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Kissalive74....Not sure if you're looking at OWB or IWB....although you do indicate a need for concealed carry.

I carry my Kimber Custom TLE II in a Sparks VMII, (IWB). If you want an IWB holster, then IMHO, the VMII is the way to go. Coupled with a good gun belt, the VMII snugs up real well for concealed carry.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Before you decide, look at the Alessi CQCS. I worked PSD while stationed in Munich, Germany and have tried a bunch of holsters over the years. My holster-box would actually fill several boxes. The CQCS is a snap-on holster but is very secure and very concealeable. Think of it as a pancake with the convenience of a paddle. I use one of my three CQCS for almost all of my carry whether carrying a Glock 23 (Duty weapon), Glock 19 or my favorite 1911!!! :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have carried my 5" Kimber in this Galco Royal Guard holster for about 10 years and it has never failed me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts