1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an M1991a1 Gov. Model in January of this year. Out of the box it shot about 9" high and 4-5" left. Not acceptable.

I finally got around to calling Colt about it and they recommended I send it in and they would look at it and see if it is a warranty issue. I took it to Gander Mountain to be sent out on 09-24-2005. They sent it on the 27th. I got it back yesterday, the 19th of October.

No charge from Colt, which is good. But no check for my return-shipping, even though I enclosed a note about it and a reciept for my costs. Oh well.

It was shipped back with a test target that read "Arm rest, 15yds, 6-o'clock hold, 230gr Federal FMJ". There is what appears to be a three-round group right at the 6-o'clock position of the bullseye. It looks to be about a 1" group. Very nice. I havn't been to the range to verify, however.

As an aside, they touched-up the scratch in the finish that was on the dust cover!!! I distinctly remember this scratch, and now it's gone! How nice of them!!!

One other thing I'd like to mention: For those of you who have a Gander Mountain store handy, use them for all of your shipping of pistols. Thier shipping charge for handguns is a flat rate of $25. Much better than if you were to take it to UPS to send it yourself. Plus, no hassles from a UPS clerk that doesn't know about handgun shipping.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Call customer service at Colt, and ask to speak to them about getting a refund for your shipping expenses. They will give you a number to fax your reciept to, and take care of it. You just have to ASK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.