1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a fair amount of Kimber Customer Service bashing and some of it seems justified from what I have read here. But I actually had a very good experience dealing with them today.

The night sights on my CE II went out. I emailed Dennis at Kimber and told him of the problem and asked what it would cost to replace them (the pistol is 2 years old and is not a safe queen). He told me to send the slide in and Kimber will cover it under warranty. His response time was less than 12 hours after I sent the email which I sent at 8:00pm West Coast time last night. I think that is pretty damn good service. Much better than some other manufacturers who shall remain nameless.

It may be a dreaded series II but it is the most accurate pistol I own and is flawlessly reliable with the Wilson Mags.

Anyway, just wanted to share some good news with everyone regarding customer service.

·
Registered
171 Posts
my gold combat stainless is on its way to Yonkers as we speak. I got 35 minute response time to my email. Dennis clearly gives a damn about his customers. It is a rare and beautiful thing!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
From my conversations with them on the phone, I am very please....it seems like they care and willing to fix a their product...even if its older.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Just explain the problem in a professional way not like
a raving lunatic and complaining that my gun just broke
and it all YOUR fault. Your presentation of the problem
seem to be the trick.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I sent mine back yesterday. I spoke with Dennis and explained the problem and he agreed it wasn't right. Off it went. He was great.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
What is Dennis's email address? I may have forgotten to add something to my case, I think I did but not sure...

Thanks

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Thank you very much...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts