1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
WOW! That is great! Did they try to be slick and mark all the ammo up?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I saw that in the paper yesterday and was at their door with the coupon waiting when they opened 20 mins early at 0440. Glad I was too since The 6 boxes I got cleaned out well over 50% of the non JHP .45 ACP they had. ended up with 500 rounds for $166, 200 of that is non reloadable regular blazer brand and 300 is that cheap crappy ultramax reloaded stuff that shoots dirty and doesnt have any coating on the lead bullets. Sad thing was with the way things have gotten I was thrilled to get crap ammo at what used to be an over expensive price. Basically their deal brought them in line with the online suppliers dealing in the same cheap stuff.
Only good stuff they had was hollow point stuff and not what i needed for regular shooting. I did see they had several 100 packs of winchester fmj 9mm but I sold my only 9mm gun and I had to stay on task for budget purposes.

Im sure they were out of 45 FMJ before the sun came up and prob out of basically everything pistol before lunch, it all fit on one small shelf.

At least now I can go shooting. I'll be keeping all 300 of those brass cases from the reloads though for future use.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Unless the ammo is 80% off, it is simply not worth the headache of shopping on this miserable day. (and even then it is questionable!)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I made a run at Dick's today and picked up a few boxes of 230gr Blazer .45 plus a couple boxes of American Eagle 9mm. Even at half off for the second box, the prices were only OK. But they did have it...

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Did not make it to Dick's today until about 11 and picked up 6 x 250 UMC for about $300 with tax, not too bad. Works out to about $15/50 not bad for
45s. They also had 9s for $74, and with 50% off 2nd would work out to about $11/50. They actually had good inventory, shelves pretty full and unopened cases in floor, maybe it will loosen up soon.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Sounds like a deal, but I would not go near a store on Black Friday. The aggravation is not worth any potential savings.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The dicks around here always has ammo, and well they should considering they usually have their .45 marked at $35 per 50.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Dick's was out of 45 but I did score some 9mm at an average of $21 per
hundred. Across the street at Wallmart I got 350 rounds of 45 at 32.50
per hundred. Don't remember what I spent on the 9mm...it's all just a blur
now:biglaugh: Between the two stores I got 750 rounds total. Wasn't planing on
buying anything but prices were too good to pass up. The two stores I
was in wasn't really that crowded. Certainly not crowded enough to keep
me from buying ammo:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts