1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the HP and Browning, I have heard nothing but good things about the BHP. Noticed one in the for sale glass at the local shop, but not sure what it is worth. I was not able to find any specific data about this gun and thought you guys could help out. It is a BHP with markings that it was made in UTAH. Black finish with black grips. Looked rather new and didn't look like it was fired too much. They were asking $425. Good deal? How can I find out more about it?

Thanks guys..

·
Registered
21,770 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, there has never been a BHP made in Utah; they are made by FN in Belgium and Portugal and imported by Browning in Utah. The BDM was made in Utah but is a completely different gun. I don't think it will even take BHP magazines.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Hello. I believe that the Morgan, Utah on the gun refers to the importer, Browning, as was stated in the post above.

To find the date of manufacture, go over to www.fnhipower.com and look under "Years of Manufacture" or "FAQ" (cannot remember which) and plug in your ser # and it'll tell you what year it was produced in.

Best.

PS: If it's as you describe, the price sounds good.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Within the past few months I purchased a BHP like new, three high caps, adjustable sights stamped assembled in Portugal. The price was around what you are looking at.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts