1911Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in Alexandria and am looking to buy my first 1911. I've got my heart set on a Custom Target or Stainless Target (I'd prefer stainless). Any N. VA Kimber dealers that are especially good? I'm relatively new to the area and don't really know the gun shops around here. Also, I'm going to be doing some calling around and price checking, any idea what I should expect for prices in this area on the above guns? I don't want to get ripped off for not knowing the local market. Thanks for any and all responses!

Patrick

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in Alexandria also. I go to Shooters Paradise in Woodbridge. Just 20 minute drive south. It's a good shop. And it has a lot of kimbers.

Hope this helps.

SS

·
Registered
155 Posts
It's a bit of a ride from Alexandria (about 40 minutes - 495 to 66 W, get off on Ffx Co Pkwy (7100 N) rt at 1st light, rt. at next light), but Galyan's in Fair Oaks has a good selection and decent prices, good prices on ammo, too. Good luck, M2

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mike is right, Galyan's has a very decent prices, I bought many handguns from them. The only draw back is, since Galyan's is locate in Fairfax County, there is a 3 days waiting period for all handguns. Bought a SS Goldmatch for 1148, go to Galyan's and look at their prices, then call other dealers here in Northern VA, you will be suprise how much other dealers asking for on the same gun. Good Luck

·
Registered
46 Posts
( Galyan's locate in Fairlakes not Fair Oaks)

[This message has been edited by VC (edited 07-07-2001).]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll agree with the others, Galyan's has the best prices in the immediate area. If you ever spend any time near Richmond, Green Top Sporting Goods in Ashland has better prices than anyone I've seen in the state. They'll quote you a price over the phone (804-550-2188). I don't think there is a waiting period there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Go with sureshot.

Bought three guns from Shooters.

They have a range and there prices have been lower than Galyans. If not, they will match.

They have plenty of Kimbers for rent. It is also nice to buy the gun immediately (in Prince William) and make sure it works on their range.

Bent is the owner.

S-
Shawn

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have to agree about virginia arms. They don't always have the best possible price, but the slight premium you pay to shop with them is worth it. Very friendly, knowledgable guys, stock a decent assortment of firearms, and do out of state transfers cheaply.

·
Registered
14 Posts
forgot to add, when there is a local gun show at the VFW (verterans of foriegn wars) or in bealeton viginia, just 30 miles south, Shooters Paradise ALWAYS has a booth and 3/4 of their stock goes with them. You can haggle on the price and make up your own mind. They dropped my gun $150.00 just because I was at the show. And I did visit the store 4 or 5 times just to make sure the show price was not just the regular price.

The range in the rear is also a nice feature. And when I bought my gun from them, they handed me a handfull of free range passes good for one hour each. I didn't even have to by the ammo from them.

Just my 4 cents. Good luck.

SS

·
Registered
46 Posts
These are the 3 guns I recently bought from Galyan's.

SS GoldMatch-
Galyan's( 1148 )
Virginia Arms ( 1400 )
Ruger Super Redhawk SS 44mag
Galyan's (469)
Virginia Arms ( 535 )
Ruger Super Redhawk 480
Galyan's ( 529 )
Virginia Arms ( over 700 )

For me if I can save some money toward my next gun, I will buy it from that dealer.

just my 2 cents.

VC

[This message has been edited by VC (edited 07-11-2001).]

·
Registered
160 Posts
Another Alexandrian here!

You might check out Potomac Arms in Alexandria. I haven't compared their retail prices on Kimber but they seem to carry quite a few. They often have real bargains in the used gun case. I picked up a excellant condition Kimber Custom eailer this month for $450 :) The bargains tend to sell quickly tho!

I hope the rest of you Virginians have joined www.vcdl.org !

·
Registered
257 Posts
Shooters Paradise is a good one. Galyans is good, however be prepared for certain clerks who don't know a Kimber from a hole oin the ground. Some of the staff at Galyans is knowledgeable, some not. Of course I don't deal with N. VA gun dealers too much anymore...gotta love the valley where I can walk 500 ft. out the back door and be on my Range

1 - 13 of 13 Posts