1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This comes from an old classmate of mine that is a Veteran, Experienced, Front-Line RN at KUMC.

Regardless of whether or not your pro or anti-vaccines, this is a valid source of valid information.

Reactions: Plantar5

·
Registered
7,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And for a little humor on the subject.........

·
Premium Member
7,554 Posts
This comes from an old classmate of mine that is a Veteran, Experienced, Front-Line RN at KUMC.

Regardless of whether or not your pro or anti-vaccines, this is a valid source of valid information.

Excellent video NHA, Thanks for posting. I received my 2nd Pfizer dose 2 days ago without any side effects. One of the questions I continue to have is how they establish a 95% effective rate of these vacs when follow up serology testing either isnt’t done or doesn’t show up.

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,882 Posts
Excellent video NHA, Thanks for posting. I received my 2nd Pfizer dose 2 days ago without any side effects. One of the questions I continue to have is how they establish a 95% effective rate of these vacs when follow up serology testing either isnt’t done or doesn’t show up.
Hi Plant, that was fast...Which "category" are you in that you got it so fast in NJ? health care worker? Medical problem? Over age XYZ? or something else?

·
Registered
235 Posts
For the sake of accuracy, let’s be clear:

1) California temporarily paused Moderna vaccine administration. The Western States Scientific Safety Review Workgroup reviewed the information and restored Moderna administration TWO days ago - California State Epidemiologist Issues Update on Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine

2) California did not suspend the mRNA Pfizer vaccine administration and they actually asked President Trump for more mRNA allocation during the less than 24 hours they paused the Moderna administration.

3) The strange reactions occurred at one place in San Diego County in the state with one of the worst vaccination performances in the nation on a Sunday. Many professionals drew some conclusions from that fact pattern.

·
Premium Member
7,554 Posts
Hi Plant, that was fast...Which "category" are you in that you got it so fast in NJ? health care worker? Medical problem? Over age XYZ? or something else?
Yes, I’m a surgeon. As a matter of fact the last 2 consults I did before leaving tonight were on Covid+ patients. The numbers are starting to settle but are still pretty high. Me choosing to get the vaccine is a no brainer and I’m pleased to report I had no side effect whatsoever.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I received my second dose on the 8th. Also had absolutely zero side effects. Of course all we're going to hear about is the ones that do have some type of side effects. But I guess that's just human nature.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The CDC provided their report on the California Moderna event.
Worth reading the whole summary, but here’s some cliff notes:
  • To date, a rate of 2.5 anaphylaxis cases per million Moderna COVID-19 vaccine doses administered
  • So far in the US, 10 cases of anaphylaxis, with a mean average of occuring within 7.5 minutes
  • Of the 10 cases, nine in persons with a documented history of allergies or allergic reactions, five of whom had a previous history of anaphylaxis
  • Also, 10 of the 10 anaphylaxis cases were female, ages ranging from 37 to 63

Allergic Reactions Including Anaphylaxis ...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I received my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine on the 19th. I felt a little light headed the day after but that's it. We have had 26 patients at our nursing home test positive and 5 deaths. Coming into contact with the virus daily made it a no brainier for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts