1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The good news is I visited a gun shop today and found a set of 2 to 4 1/2 pound Pachmayer trigger pull weights at a great price, a little bit of surface rust in places, but for $10, I can't complain.

The bad news came when I got home to check all my pistols.

I have a Argentine M1927 (Colt clone) that I built up for CMP/EIC hardball matches. It has the original trigger group in it. All I did to the trigger group was stone the sides of the sear and hammer to smooth it out, installed a new 19 lb hammer spring and a new Wilson sear spring. I was hoping this would give me around a 4 lb pull.

Well I was wrong. It will lift 3.25 lbs, but breaks at 3.5 lbs. CMP rules require a 4 lb pull.

I reinstalled the hammer spring that came with the pistol as I bought it, I have no idea what the actual weight of the old spring is. Same results.

So, here is what I plan to do. Increase the hammer spring to 21 lb (new spring), and if that doesn't work, bend the middle leaf on the sear spring forward a tad. Am I on the right track here?

Any advice would be appreciated.

------------------
Bullseye Rules!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Your on the right track. Since you only have to go up half a pound keep the new 19lb hammer spring in the gun. You don`t know how old the original one is. Bending the middle spring will increase the poundage as will bending the first spring. Thats the one applying pressure on the sear.
David www.santurriltd.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts