1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has already been reported .

COLT DEFENSE GETS MAJOR MILITARY DEAL . . . Colt Defense has been awarded a $15.92 million firm-fixed-price contract for M16A3 and M16A4 rifles to support the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps, the U.S. Department of Defense announced. Work will be performed at the company's West Hartford, Conn., plant and is expected to be completed by Dec. 13, 2010.
Scroll down .
http://www.nssf.org/BP2/current/index.cfm

·
Registered
329 Posts
It's about freakin' time! If only we could get the Pentagon to stop buying foreign Pea Shooters and put 1911's (and stopping power) back into our troops' hands!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Thank goodness! Now maybe they won't have to go out of business this year......

·
Administrator
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
B_T left off the ;) .
Every few months someone posts Colt is going out of business . It was comedy :)

·
Premium Member
20,405 Posts
How will this affect the 1911 production?

·
Registered
166 Posts
stop buying foreign Pea Shooters
i dont have any arguement with the pea shooter bit but those berettas arent foreign, their made in Accocreek Maryland. that makes them American...

how do i know? just ask anyone who claims a Toyota is an American car if its built in Georgetown Kentucky, a Honda in Marysville Ohio or a BMW in Georgia...

those are all American made so it must be okay to have American made berettas...

(my counterpoint to all of this is WHERE does the MONEY end up? in an American Companies hand or a JAPANESE (Italian) company's hand?)

just my 2 cents...

d

·
Registered
329 Posts
i dont have any arguement with the pea shooter bit but those berettas arent foreign, their made in Accocreek Maryland. that makes them American...

how do i know? just ask anyone who claims a Toyota is an American car if its built in Georgetown Kentucky, a Honda in Marysville Ohio or a BMW in Georgia...

those are all American made so it must be okay to have American made berettas...

(my counterpoint to all of this is WHERE does the MONEY end up? in an American Companies hand or a JAPANESE (Italian) company's hand?)

just my 2 cents...

d
Ultimately, the CONTROL of that money is with the MOTHERLAND. The ONLY benefit to USA production of foreign owned companies is jobs and taxes. Both are good... but never fool yourself into believing that all, or even most, of that money stays here.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hmmmmmm

Ultimately, the CONTROL of that money is with the MOTHERLAND. The ONLY benefit to USA production of foreign owned companies is jobs and taxes. Both are good... but never fool yourself into believing that all, or even most, of that money stays here.
It's a world economy now and American ownership doesn't mean US reinvestment. ALL the above listed companies are here because they have to be. It stabilizes their costs ($$ valuations) and helps mitigate foreign backlash besides the fact that the US market is their primary market!!! Name a national US company that doesn't need to grow internationally? Name an international company that doesn't want a slice of the US market? The US economy drives much of the world. Foreigners don't bother me but over zealous wall street based capitalists whom suffer from miopia do.

·
Registered
166 Posts
the CONTROL of that money is with the MOTHERLAND. The ONLY benefit to USA production of foreign owned companies is jobs and taxes. Both are good... but never fool yourself into believing that all, or even most, of that money stays here.
that was my point. i was trying to be sarcastic...

d

·
Registered
329 Posts
It's a world economy now and American ownership doesn't mean US reinvestment. ALL the above listed companies are here because they have to be. It stabilizes their costs ($$ valuations) and helps mitigate foreign backlash besides the fact that the US market is their primary market!!! Name a national US company that doesn't need to grow internationally? Name an international company that doesn't want a slice of the US market? The US economy drives much of the world. Foreigners don't bother me but over zealous wall street based capitalists whom suffer from miopia do.
"Name a national US company that doesn't need to grow internationally?":

Hmmmmmmmmm...

1. Duke Energy
2. Excelon
4. FPL Energy
5. Spectra Energy
6. Oh hell... just go to this site for a list of MANY...http://labs.ee.psu.edu/labs/powerlab/link/powersub2.htm

·
Registered
1,591 Posts

just my 2 cents...

d
When profits go overseas, it doesn't matter where the production happens. Yes, it helps with economic activity here, but do we want to leave foreigners in control of our economy? They already own so much of our government's debt, it really is not to our advantage long term to relinquish our manufacturing industrial base to foreign companies. Your Beretta and Toyota may be made stateside, but the profits go overseas, strengthening those countries and giving foreigners control over an important part of our economy. America is turning into a service based economy, with the value of our currency based more on perception than industrial infrastructure. I don't buy cars, guns, clothes or anything else from foreign companies when possible. I support American companies that remember what quality means to them in the long run. They're still out there, and the only way they get stronger is if we support them with our business, instead of rationalizing our betrayal.

Didn't mean to get into a rant, but I've heard that "but they make 'em here" argument one too many times. They got us just where they want us.:barf:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
And another thing, all this "global economy, fair trade" stuff will be the end of our middle class. The net effect is that our standard of living will decrease while that of the rest of the world will increase. Only the very rich will benefit from such politics. Time for Americans to wake up about that leaking barge of pooey they've been sold.

·
Registered
329 Posts
And another thing, all this "global economy, fair trade" stuff will be the end of our middle class. The net effect is that our standard of living will decrease while that of the rest of the world will increase. Only the very rich will benefit from such politics. Time for Americans to wake up about that leaking barge of pooey they've been sold.
Obviously, according to "roboshred", you and I are "myopic, Wall Street" capitalists! :biglaugh: Although, after 26 years in the private sector having observed what the Klintons enabled in the way of "free trade" with the resulting loss of COUNTLESS American jobs... I find posts like his quite entertaining. This country is spiraling down the ****ter at LIGHTSPEED due to the Demo-Commies and their "World-Economy" pipe dream. If you don't believe me... just try calling your credit card's "technical support" line and attempt to understand the broken "English" being spoken by the "friendly" Middle Eastern phone attendant named "Jim"or "Bob" or "Mary" <LONG sarcastic eyeroll> WAKE UP! We can't maintain our competitive economic "edge" if 80% of our gross national product is Big Macs!

·
Administrator
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The topic is Colt .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.