1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a link from someone over at TIR that says Tennessee now honors any other state's CCW permits. Why this is good, (for me anyway), I no longer have to pull over at the border and pack my gun away.:D I go to TN once or twice a year for business, and I drive, so I like to be protected. I'll go and find the link to post.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Brian,

I live in SC and was just informed that NC now honors my CWP. Where can I get a copy of the concealed carry laws for NC?

Hershey

·
Registered
745 Posts
Thanks NC Shooter! Not too much different than our laws with the exceptions of the places where admission is charged (does this include movie theaters?), financial institutions, public events, and areas of emergency. Areas of emergency seems an odd place NOT to allow you to carry. Are there any other restrictions or obligations not outlined on the website? Also the transportation section wasn't very clear. Can you carry in the car with the pistol in the glove box (locked/unlocked), under the seat, trunk, what? With or without a permit? A friend of mine got stopped in NC a few months ago (he doesn't have a CWP) and had his GLOCK in the glove box. He got arrested, had to go to court.... Whole thing was pretty much thrown out, but I believe they told him it HAD to be transported in plain site! He drove back to the state line with it in the dashboard! Any further info is very much appreciated!

Hershey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts