1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Yup...introduced today at the SHOT Show. Now sports a FLGR, bull barrel, 3-dot Novak-esque dovetail sights, and nice wood grips! Party time! :)
Hi, when is the release date to the public? I want one in a carbon steeled Delta. In such calibers, as 2X21, 10MM, and .45ACP.

·
Administrator
73,803 Posts
Not too crazy about the FLGR and bull barrel, but the rest of it sounds pretty cool. Does it have an improved recoil system?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Guess the value of mine just went down, eh?

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Or now I can customize mine and not feel bad about modifying an irreplaceable gun?

P.S. I want two sets of those grips. One for my stainless DE and one for my stainless s80 I carry daily. :D

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
want one in a carbon steeled Delta. In such calibers, as 2X21, 10MM, and .45ACP.
The Colt called it's .45 version the Combat Elite. Below is a rather poor photo of mine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
No front cocking serrations are nice to see, or not see. BS on the bull barrel. I would like to know why they used it. It would be nice to have a choice. I bet the real reason is marketing, no other production 10mm has a bull barrel. But no other.......What the hell......Who cares why. We ask for 10mm and they produced. Now can we get it in series 70?

·
Administrator
73,803 Posts
If the bull barrel and guide rod are part of a new setup aimed at improving durability I'll forgive them. I hope however that it wasn't done just for the looks. Knowing Colt I'll assume for the time being that they learned from the mistakes of the original DE and realized they needed a more robust system to handle the full-power 10mm rounds.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
As a 10mm fan, I wonder if this will finally convince folks that the 10mm is NOT dead.....

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
The bull on the barrel does appear to add more weight which should slow unlocking and add to the durability of the pistol like Clark's Pin Gun built for John Shaw. I hope they used an EGW Flat Firing Pin Stop too, although I think Colt would mention that. Guess I'll have to have one and get another Wilson Drop-In Grip Safety. Given this and reports of the return of the Bren Ten things are looking up for 10MM Fans!:rock:

·
Banned
1,347 Posts
I will have to be getting one of those ASAP.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I don't like the bushingless/bull barrel and FLGR, but beggars can't be choosers.

Overall, I'm glad it's back.

Now, how long until my shop ever gets one????

Between the Delta and possible return of the Bren Ten, it's a good SHOT show for 10MM fans...especially those of us who don't have one right now.

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm fine with the barrel and FLGR (BTW...there are now a FEW Colt models coming equipped this year with FLGR's!!!). I'm just not happy with the continuation of the 'droopy-dog' grip safety. Enough pain already, Colt

·
Registered
535 Posts
As a 10mm fan, I wonder if this will finally convince folks that the 10mm is NOT dead.....
It's a good start if nothing else. And I certainly wouldn't take this to mean the value of the 1st and 2nd generation Deltas just took a hit. I'm no serious collector and those that are understand far better than I but to me it legitimizes that the earlier Deltas had a place in the market and there is a need to feed that market today.

Wait until Icecold sees this, his wallets' gonna smolder.:biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 246 Posts