1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I am in the market for some good night sights for my Kimber Compact. THinking about Wilson #463, Heinie, Novak, AO Sight Systems,MMC.

Any suggestions from experience?

Thanks for the help.

·
Banned
802 Posts
I had Joe Bonar of Novak's put a set of their bar-dot night sights on my full-size Kimber and they're great.

------------------
DVC,
Sean

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Heinie straight 8's on my Classic Stainless. Over two years old, still bright as the day they arrived. Look good in the day time time too. None better.

------------------
John

"And by the way, Mr. Speaker, The Second Amendment is not for killing ducks and leaving Huey and Dewey and Louie without an aunt and uncle. It is for hunting politicians like (in) Grozney and in 1776, when they take your independence away".
Robert K. Dornen, U.S. Congressman. 1995

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a set of PT night sights on my Kimber Custom stainless. They work fine. I have the two dot, bar style. All of the PT's have a green front sight dot that is brighter than the two rear sight dots and/or bars, which naturally draws your eye to the front sight. PT also offers red, orange, blue and green for the rear dots. I got the sights for $64 and installed for $20 plus $9 shipping.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Go for the Novaks. That's standard issue on the Springfield. It will be an upgrade for your Kimber.

Now, here's something you never think about much . . . Night sights glow enough in the dark to give away your position.

------------------
What part of "shall not be infringed" needs 'splainin' ???
----------------------------------------------------------------
PowderBurns Black Powder / Muzzle Loader Forum

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
<><> Genghis, if your advisary see your tritium inserts, that means they are behind you. You are in BIG trouble if that happens.
--------------
Raspy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts