1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this is a 1911 forum, but it's a Colt section so maybe it'll work. I see reproduction Colt Walkers that look like they're made by Colt, boxes and all but I've never seen one personally. Anything I need to know to look for with one of these?

Also while I've got a couple black powder guns and I actually do like shooting them, I still think I'd like to get a smokeless cylinder conversion for them, I know those used to exist but do they still?

And I see they don't even list them on the colt website. Something I'm missing here ?

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Colt stopped selling or allowing to be sold genuine Colt modern black powder revolvers back in the late 1990's or early 2000's.

The first issue were made from raw parts bought from Uberti of Italy and assembled andsfinished FOR Colt by Iver Johnson.
The second issue were the "Signature" models that had Sam Colt's signature on the back strap.
These were again Uberti raw parts assembled and finished in New York City by the same family that owned Iver Johnson and now own The Henry Rifle Company.

Both issues were considered to be genuine Colt firearms because they were built under Colt license.

Every model of black powder revolver Colt made in the 1800's were produced again during the first and signature issue period, and they also sold them in period type fitted cases with accessories like the powder flask, bullet mold, and nipple wrench.

You can still buy the guns and guns in cases on the gun auction sites, but prices are high since these are becoming collectible.

You can also buy most models as built by Uberti, and you can buy the case and accessories.
The guns are sold by Uberti themselves and by companies like Cimarron Arms.
Other companies also sell the Uberti guns, but some of them sell slightly lower quality finish models so they can sell at lower prices.

http://www.uberti.com/

http://cimarron-firearms.com/

You can also buy conversion models that use cartridges, and you can buy conversions to convert a muzzle loader to use cartridges.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts