1911Forum banner

Good scope for a Savage .308

982 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  MEH92
Hello everyone, I bought a Savage 10fp about a year ago, taken it to the range a few times with a cheap BSA scope and did pretty well. I just got a Choate super sniper stock for it this Xmas and have decided to also go ahead and up my scope. I have an old Bausch and Lomb 36 X 40 target scope, anyone think this is a good scope to put on this rifle or should I save my money and go with an adjustable leupold? and if so, what power would be best for a .308, I was thinking something up to a 12 or 15 power would be, anyway Im open for ideas, thanks alot.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Leupold or Nikon, You can not go wrong with either IMO. For the money they are great scopes with out spending 500 or more.

I have Vari X III's on my 7mm mag 300H and H and 30-06 and a Nikon (the model escapes me right now) its there mid-grade scope above the bushmaster line on my plinker ruger M-77 .223. I really like the scope a lot. It has an adjustible reticale very clear and came in around 300 bucks for a 3x9 40mm its as clear or clearer as my Leupolds.

I did not go more then a power of 9 on the scopes cause I dont like the Shakes you get when you get in to Higher power optics.

· Registered
125 Posts
SWFA sells the Super Sniper 10x, 16x, & 20x. I have used the 10x with the side focus a couple of times. It is an excellent scope that holds its zero, tracks as well as my MK IV's, has positive clicks on the wind/elev adjustments. Definately worth taking a look at.

Joe

· Registered
2,484 Posts
It depends on what your budget is and what you "need" the optic to do. If you are taking the gun into real combat and price is no object than you can easily go upwards of $2000 to get a decent piece of glass.

If you are just plinking and taking the gun to informal matches where life-and-death is only mentioned in the abstract, then a $400 Super sniper may be just the ticket.

Check out these fourms. They will provide a wealth of information.

http://snipersparadise.com/sniperchat/index.php?act=idx

http://www.snipershide.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.