1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have MMC fixed sights on my Officers model, but they shoot so far off low. that I'd have to either lower my front or raise my rear sight, which I would think is going to look out of place on the gun.

If anyone has any good experience with some other brand even if it required milling the rear sight like Novaks, I would appreciate the info. Maybe there is something about the Officers model that requires a special sight set up.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
It's likely that the MMC rear sight that you have on your pistola is the wrong height. The Officers Model uses a taller rear sight than the GM.

Personally, I'd have a set of Novak, Heinie, or Morris' Heinie look-a-like sights with a dovetailed front sight installed by a competent, "Name" 1911 shop.

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
John Nowlin did the work on my Officer ACP sights.

The pistol is heavy but very rugged. I just had the sights installed earlier this year 'cuz the pistol is a keeper.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Check out Novak's Ghost Night sight. Nice open rear "u" opening w/tritium dot mated to their front w/a larger dot. Very fast, work great on shorter barreled pistols.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts