1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had good luck recently getting 45ACP, 9mm. 38/357 hard cast or plated bullets from J&K Bullet Casters
The quality and consistency of both the Cast and plated bullets are really good and the turn around time is less than 1 1/2 weeks. All of the other places I bought from have very long lead times.
I just got 1000 100 grain flat nose plated 380 bullets and did a random sample of 20 bullets and they measured the same diameter weight.
They were 78.00 per 1000 so they are a little pricey.
I bought 2000 45ACP 230 grain plated for$256.00 and 2000 hard cast 230 grain bullets for . 16 Brinhell Hardness - Sized to .452. for Once again the quality was really good very consistent. $188.00. same lead time about 1 1/2 weeks. The plated bullets are just a little thicker plating than Berry's. I had a 45ACP Berry and cut it in half and then I cut ne of the J%K bullets and the J&K seemed a little thicker plating. it was hard to eyeball or measure it just looked thicker.
They load nice and shoot great using 4.5 grains of WST or 4.5 grains of Bullseye. I am starting to like the WST better because there is a lot less smoke shooting indoors when you are shooting rapid fire 10 bullets in 20 seconds.
I still have a LOT of primers and brass and now I am loaded up good with bullets that are already made and then the 4,000 45ACP in plated and hard cast. I also have a lot of 357 148 grain Hollow base bullest that are made in Berry and in soft lead for fun shooting with the Smith 686.

I hope this helps for anyone looking for bullets to reload. I did ask him if he had to record to the government about purchases made buy people in any quantities and I go a big NO reply.

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Thanks, I'm out of plated bullets. Don't shoot indoors much but it's nice to have that option and our local indoor range won't allow cast lead...

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'll stick with Xtreme. I've been very satisfied with their bullets.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Missouri Bullet for hard cast lead. Been using their .45 and 9mm for 3-4 years. Excellent service and fast shipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts