1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there...

Well, after careful thought and consideration, I have just sold my beloved 1996 Para P13 .45ACP at the local gun show here in town.

I really didn't want to do it, but let me be honest... I recently got laid off at my company - after 9 years of computer programming and database administration - they let me go. :eek: :mad: :(

Ain't this grand? Here we are at the Christmas holiday, and I get laid off... :( So, I mean, I'm okay... I got a nice severance package, but that won't last long. So, I got nervous, upset, paranoid, and ended up parting ways with my Para P13.

Once I get back on my feet and back into stable employment, I'll pick up another 1911 .45ACP again.

·
Registered
160 Posts
ButchA said:
Hey there...

Well, after careful thought and consideration, I have just sold my beloved 1996 Para P13 .45ACP at the local gun show here in town.

I really didn't want to do it, but let me be honest... I recently got laid off at my company - after 9 years of computer programming and database administration - they let me go. :eek: :mad: :(

Ain't this grand? Here we are at the Christmas holiday, and I get laid off... :( So, I mean, I'm okay... I got a nice severance package, but that won't last long. So, I got nervous, upset, paranoid, and ended up parting ways with my Para P13.

Once I get back on my feet and back into stable employment, I'll pick up another 1911 .45ACP again.
Dang man, sorry to hear about the lay off, at least there are some places hiring temp for the holidays right now. At least it would be something till you get another job. Sucks you had to sell your para. I couldn't do it. But make sure you look around at different places when you are ready to buy a new one. There are some really good prices out there.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Best of luck to you ButchA.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hang in there ButchA. I'll be praying for you.

·
Administrator
13,319 Posts
Your company had great timing in laying you off this time of year :grumble:

Best of luck Butch . You'll figure something out .

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys... :)

I've been on 4 interviews, applied to everything I can think of, faxed my resume all over God's creation. Let's hope something good comes through.

Eventually I'll get another .45 ACP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts