1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

[This message has been edited by gyp_c (edited 08-04-2001).]

·
Administrator
74,721 Posts
I think either you or another member already posted about this one before. Considering it's still up for auction I guess many people agree $12k is a bit high. The owner must not be in any sort of hurry to sell it.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably the family attorney trying to find the value for the "children"...

Just thought some might like to see a nice blue finish on an old one...real old I guess...#403 or somethin' from 1911...not the oldest, sure is the prettiest I ever saw though...I just love that finish. Wish I could do one like that...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Yeah I agree with dsk, all things considered if it was 1980 this gun would be maybe $750. And that would be a fair price for a safe queen. Though the price value hase'nt increased that much. Just peruse the gun magazines main subject. The 1911 from everyone in every material and caliber. Because of this resurection which is gaining on a seemingly daily basis. Everyone who has a moderately rare or seemingly rare Colt. Is asking a price which seems out of this world. Which it is.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree about the price. As far as I'm concerned they are all shooters...This is just the nicest picture of one that old, I've ever seen...and the worm has definately turned since 1980...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts