1911Forum banner

Got a 4" CD today

1816 16
Hi every one I just got back from the gun show and picked up a CD 4" blued with the bull barrel, out the door $360 with 100 rounds wwb and 2 8 round Chip McCormick mags. Stoped on the way out and got a wilson 20# recoil spring for it. Got her home stripped it down and gave her a good cleaning swaped springs and put grip tape on the front strap. I'll give a range report when I get a chance to shoot her.

Dave
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
has it made it to the range yet?

· Registered
954 Posts
Watch out! The Wilson "Commander" spring is for a 4.25" barrel not the 4" of your CD!

I'd suggest starting out with the factory spring and taking advantage of their warrenty should you have any problems.

If the spring is too long, the slide will stop short when the spring coils all touch and the impact will be taken by the quide rod and reverse bushing instead of the frame and slide impact surfaces. This will almost always break the bushing or worse in rather short order.

--wally.

· Registered
11 Posts
kittyhawk said:
Hi every one I just got back from the gun show and picked up a CD 4" blued with the bull barrel, out the door $360 with 100 rounds wwb and 2 8 round Chip McCormick mags. Stoped on the way out and got a wilson 20# recoil spring for it. Got her home stripped it down and gave her a good cleaning swaped springs and put grip tape on the front strap. I'll give a range report when I get a chance to shoot her.

Dave
Hi Kitty, I cant seem to find a 4" Bull bbl on CD's site. Are you sure it is a bull?
I want the EMS in the SS but it says only the ECS comes with the Bull BBl. Help.

· Premium Member
10,762 Posts
I have an EMS and it DOES have the bull barrel. Model number CDGR6269. It is on the website. I know the website says the bull barrel is on ECS only but that is incorrect. Here is a pic of it:

Take care,
Art

· Registered
1,492 Posts
kittyhawk said:

Dave

Kittyhawk,

Man your lucky. I've been trying to get a Commander type "CD" for a long time but I think it's not on the California safety list so out here it's considered an unsafe gun to have. But I can get the 3" and 5" inchers. Stupid huh? For that price you got a bargan and a good pistol that race for you when it's broken in well. Tell me how's the bore on yours? My 5" inchers bore was terrible having so much tooling marks inside I had a hard time seeing any rifleing! Then it was hardchromed to boot. Let me know.

rimfire,22

· Registered
3,499 Posts
Noklue3 said:
I have an EMS and it DOES have the bull barrel. Model number CDGR6269. It is on the website. I know the website says the bull barrel is on ECS only but that is incorrect. Here is a pic of it:

Take care,
Art
I'd like to to get a hold of one and toss in the Pistol Dynamics Active Reverse Plug.

And as I posted in another forum, I'm tired of being poor and not being able to afford a Colt, Springer or Kimber.

I'm either gonna get a CD or RIA and then someday when I get outta this financial hell hole I'm in, I might get something a tad nicer.

Or I fall in love with a 1911 I don't have to worry about getting banged up or getting holster wear and leave it at that... :)

Man, CD/RIA looks better to me each day.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi guys sorry it took me so long in getting back to the questions, I have been out of the country for a while.

I changed out the 4.5"spring as suggested and it shoots good. 3" high at 10 yards and 4" left, I will drift the sight and guess file down the front.
I shoot about 400 round through her so far last Tu, all wolf and no FTF or FTE. The barrel is great no tooling marks and fits the slide very well.
I am going to replace the thumb safety due to some pits from MIM.

Hope everyone shoots well this weekend.

Dave

· Registered
2,429 Posts
Noklue3 said:

Take care,
Art
I have the same gun. :)
I think its the mid-size model. A little shorter than commander but a bit longer than an Officer's. The grip is of the fullsize model.

· Registered
14 Posts
Hi Kittyhawk. That sounds like a great price. I too am looking for the same pistol. We have a large gun show here in the second week of March...I was wondering if that was a used gun when you bought it or was it new? Im trying to get a good price range before I go. Did you see plenty of them or only a few? Thanks. Enjoy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.