1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
751 Posts
Are you using a newer heavier recoil Spring or have a recoil buffer? Could be why. Also have you always used Blazer ammo and you didn't mention what the buller weight and grain is. Just could be a batch of under powered ammo? You said you're trying different ammo at next session that's the best way to check. Good Luck

RC

· Registered
877 Posts
I'm with the idea Stinger has, probably the ammo. Its not enough to cycle effectively. I don't use Blazers in any of my pistols. I don't like it. Is it cheap? Sure, but I think its cheap. I'm ok buying WWB as my 'lowest' box of ammo.

· Registered
114 Posts
I recently had a customer bring me a new, stock Colt Gov't .45 and a box of Blazer brass case ammo. Gun would not function. Pistol spec'ed out fine. Ran fine on anything but the Blazer. I bought a box of brass case Blazer and tried it in my personal .45 that will usually eat anything. Had 3 malf's caused by what felt like light loads.

· Registered
296 Posts
rob883 said:
older P14 running Blazer ammo will not cycle like it should it does not engage fully so you pull it back a little and release it any ideas ? i am trying new ammo this weekend
I had a similar problem and I thought it might be ammo or recoil spring but it turned out to be my fault as I hadn't cleaned the chamber well enough and there was a slight 'build-up". I was using WWB at the time and found it pretty dirty to shoot. Now I use Blazer 'brass case' at the range without a problem. But I also sometimes use HydraShoks, Ranger SXT, and some various reloads....all the ammo is either 230gr. or 200gr. No problems with any of it since I became a little more careful with my cleaning procedures. Your problem cause may be different but improper cleaning was the cause of my problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.