1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up another hi power today and would like some help identifying it further.It is a standard type HP w/small military sights and the ring hammer it also has the small thumb saftey. It is identical to my mark III gun w/the exception og the hammer and saftey lever and sights. The local shop where I bought it said it was from south america,the slide is marked as follows: "fabrica militar DE arms portatiles DM rosario" and "DGFM" then under that "licencia FN Browning" Industria Argentina" I know by the serial number over at fnhipower.com it was made in 1967.

It also has an external MRK III type extractor. The finish is bit worn in some spots pretty bad on the backstrap especialy but it appears to be very good mechanicly. The gun has the original barrel with matching serial number and appears to fired very little.

FWIW this gun came with a ton of grease inside and out side it,I gave it a cleaning at my friends house but it will need another good cleaning before I take her to the range to get the remaining grease off. I will post pics later today of tommorow as she has no digicam,enclosing are these "real" hi powers and are they of good quality? Hopefully Mr. camp will weigh in with his hi power knowledge thanks for any help guys.

·
Registered
559 Posts
i believe that is one of the Argentinian produced pistols. Mfg by a company named FM and licsensed by FN/Browning. i believe JLD was selling these and maybe AIM or SOG too. price was around $300 if i remember right for aresenal refinished models.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts