1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a Kimber after drewling over them for the past few years. It is a Ultra Carry. It is NIB but the older series. The barrel design is different then the newer ones and the feed ramp in made in the frame unlike the series II. After reading some of the postings it appears the series II feed ramps can cause FTF.

I also just found this site. It is great ant the posting have answered a lot of questions I have had.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on a fine choice.

·
Premium Member
20,427 Posts
Nice to have you here. Hope your new toy serves you well!

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
If it doesn't say II on the slide, then its a pre-Series 2. You can also look and see if there is a push rod next to the disconnector.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Congrads on your new find! The Series II Ultra Carry's first came out with frame feed ramp's and slowly fazed in the ramped berrel. I think they are also fazing in external exstractors.Im sure you can do a "search"on any topic and learn from!I bought a UC II for a truck gun,but it's about the 5th truck gun I've bought.And I only own 1 truck!:biglaugh:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your new Kimber. Hope you have many hours of enjoyment on the range as well as on this forum.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Liketoshoot,
Welcome to the forums. If you have any questions, just ask. There are a lot of knowledgeable members here. Enjoy your new Ultra Carry.:cool:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the support

Thank you for responding to my post and for the support. I'm sure I will have questions in the future.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I purcahsed an Ultra II about 2 months ago. The followers in the mag gouged the frame below the barrel ramp after about 200 rounds. It went back to Kimber. They polished the frame feed ramp. I went back to the range and it started FTF and FTRB after about 100 rounds even with hardball. I have talked to them. They are sending a call tag to get the gun returned to them. Then they will "look" at it and see what is wrong. I am displeased with the fact that I bought this gun for CCW and need to depend on it. Both for personal and proffessional reasons. I will send it back one more time. I have replaced all of the followers with Wilson in the Kimber mags. What I want them to do is replace the frame. Then I can start out with the gun that I bought. We shall see. Whether the frame on yours is alloy or steel, I would recommend that you don't use the Kimber mags with followers no matter what.

Jess:barf: :hrm:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts