1911Forum banner

Got my first Colt, Commander in .38 Super

846 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  SuperMan
It's a 1993 Ser. 80 SS Commander in .38 Super, Enhanced from Colt. (I called Colt) Its in near new condition, not more that a hundred rounds through it. Thanks to Superman and others i got alot of solid info on the .38 Super round. And the Colt that shoot it.
I picked it up yesterday, the shop owner gave me 200 rounds of CorBon 115gr jhp 1450 fps. Which was nice of him. I payed $850.00 for the gun, with case and extra mag.
I looked at a few others on a few sites and and nice Colts in 38 Super were were few and far, and more money. Anyway I'm happy so far, thanks for the help.
I will try to put up photos.

Steve
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,320 Posts
Nice going and glad you are finally a Super owner. I just picked up my 1952 Commander from the shop yesterday and shot it today....the hard chrome will need a little breaking in with HPs....but it is very accurate and functioned fine with ball...

Bob

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I shot my Colt Commander .38 Super yesterday at my club, it was very cold, as the pistol range is under new construction. The results were very nice, no problems at all, very accurate pistol and a great round to shoot.
What's interesting is this round can be so many things, it can be a fairly sedate round in low presure loadings for target practice or a flame thrower in CorBon 1450 fps. This round is a loaders dream. I found it to be a low recoil round and gets back on target very quickly, no matter which load you use.
I can see another .38 Super auto in the near future for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.