1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally did it. I found a series 70 LWT Commander at the gun show this weekend. I feel I did pretty well, as I paid $700 cash for it. There is wear on the front of the slide, as well as a couple of minor scratches. It's all blued, with Pachmayer rubber wrap around grips.

The best thing about it, it hasn't been modified at all, which is exactly what I was looking for. Strangely enough, it was also the only series 70 LWT I saw at the show. I will post pictures as soon as I can of my new toy.:D

·
Premium Member
20,303 Posts
For a Kimber man, COLT is a four-letter word! ;)
Congratulations!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Now you've done it! There's no going back now. :D I know.

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's killing me. I thought I still had a pistol permit in my files, but turns out I didn't. I had to apply again the Wednesday before the show, so the shop I got it from is holding it for me until my permits come in. It'll probably be another 10 days or so.:(

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully, this Wednesday I can go get my permits at lunchtime. Then, I'll stop by the store on the way home and pick it up.:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Brian,

State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) is the statewide regulatory entity here in S.C. They mailed me my CWP renewal forms two weeks ago and last Thursday (week before Thanksgiving) I had to go to the Columbia and had a few hours to kill during the middle of the day, so I got my photo & finger prints done at the local PD and then hand delivered the completed form to SLED's main office.

That Saturday was an IDPA match and when I came home from the match my new CWP card was in the mail box.

I'm still in shock that an actual GUMMIT agency was able to accomplish such a quick turn-around time.

------------------
Colt Gold Cup Series 70
Colt Officer Series 80
Stainless Kimber Classic S-1
Stainless Kimber Ultra Carry S-1
Kimber .22 Target pistol

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok got a question. I still don't have the gun yet, but I'm curious as to the grips. It's the Pachmayer rubber checkered grips with a wraparound 'checkered' frontstrap cover. Is this a grip that Colt used from the factory? Or is it likely aftermarket?:confused:

Still waiting, hopefully I will get my purchase permits the middle of this week. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts