1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will pick up my second, a Combat Commander in 10MM Wednesday! I found shooting 40's too snappy, so naturally I grabbed the 10MM. My CCO in 9MM should bhe ready November.

Reactions: 1911_Bandit

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...I'd be shocked if it isn't!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm struggling with a Fusion I bought, right now. It's back to them for service. I got a new 9mm Reaction series 1911, and it came with a real mess of quality issues. The ejector was installed wrong (according to my gunsmith), the slide locks back and won't release to load, the sights were misaligned (every shot was 6 inches high at 30 feet), and then the front sight just fell off during my first time at the range (weird). I've got my fingers and toes crossed that they're able to get it running, because the 20 or so rounds I was able to put through it felt great. But out of the box, it came quite a mess. Fingers crossed your experience is better there....

·
Registered
524 Posts
Fingers crossed your experience is better there....
More and more, I am seeing bad reports from new Fusion owners. It bothers me because I have recommended Fusion to others. My Freedom series Longslide in .45 ACP was, and still is, flawless but lately there has been a lot of reports of assembly flaws that should never be getting through an inspection. I hope things get resolved for you in a timely manner.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My only experience was my first, the Gold in .45 acp. That was good enough to prompt me to buy the other two.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So they sent mine back. It's running now. They said a grip I put on caused an issue, but the slide lock problems existed before I put that grip on. But, whatever, they got it running. And, they put a nice little fiber front sight on, apparently for some customer service, so that was nice.

It shoots great. BUT, the sights still weren't aligned properly. When it came back it was still shooting 4-6" high at 30 feet. I even had two of my range worker friends shoot it (all three of us are very experienced 1911 shooters) and they were coming in high also.

So, I guess I'm just going to have my gunsmith upgrade me to some TruGlos and get everything aligned and move on with life. This has been a 6-7 week process so far to get a new gun up and running, which is disappointing. I'll give Fusion credit, they took the gun back and got it running at least. I'm mildly bummed that they didn't check the sight alignment when I'd flagged that as an issue, but ok. Given that it shoots smoothly, I just want to get the sights fixed so I can put a few thousand rounds down range with it now and get comfortable.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't want a 10MM, but I didn't want to wait another 6-8 months either, so I bought this Combat off Gunbroker...and now I'm a 10-Man! If I only had a heart.

·
Registered
343 Posts
By any chance does your manual tell you what your sight in range is from the factory? I only ask because some manufacturers like Sig have a 20 or 25 yard setup. I just the manual for my Fusion CCO I got in 2017 and it doesn’t state what yardage it was zero’d for but wasn’t sure if they kept the manuals the same or added that info since.

·
Registered
34 Posts
By any chance does your manual tell you what your sight in range is from the factory? I only ask because some manufacturers like Sig have a 20 or 25 yard setup. I just the manual for my Fusion CCO I got in 2017 and it doesn’t state what yardage it was zero’d for but wasn’t sure if they kept the manuals the same or added that info since.
Assuming you're talking to me there. I didn't see it in there, and my guys at the range and I made that joke: "maybe they zero'd it at 100 yards?! ha).." But then I thought about it some more, and I think it's backwards. If the sight line has already dipped meaningfully below the barrel line at 30-35 feet, it's only going to be more exaggerated farther out, right? That would really mean that it zero'd out someplace really, really close, right? Do I have that backwards, somehow?

·
Registered
343 Posts
If it’s shooting high then the bullet is still traveling in an upward arc when it hit the target and if you’re shooting at a target that’s closer than the zero distance poa will be higher than poi, assuming that it was zerod at a longer distance. That’s only one possible solution.

·
Registered
34 Posts
No, that's not a possible solution at all. No 9mm bullet arcs 6" upward from the barrel of a handgun. Look at this chart -- it does show an upward arc of less than a inch, and then a fall of 1.8 inches over 50 yards.

That's not the issue. I'm not mad at you, but that one just doesn't work. I think they just made an error. It's ok. My smith will fix it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you look at the graph you provided, there is an arch. How much I’m not sure and I’m not saying that there isn’ta chance that they point the wrong front sight on but hopefully your smith will figure it out quickly

1 - 16 of 16 Posts